return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
To all dog lovers out there...
View this Thread in Original format
SteelWolf
Especially lovers of the big yellow breeds of dogs...

So I just got a care package a few days ago from some random nice lady in Palm Beach (one of those random support the troops organisations) and inside was a book called "Marley & Me." My younger sister had mentioned it to me a few weeks ago, so I figured, what the hell I'll read it.

Its a wonderful story about a young married couple that buys a Yellow Lab. Having owned a yellow Lab myself as a child, and more recently a Golden Retriever as a man, I was immediately hooked into this book, page after page it was like remembering my dogs as they grew, from being a big dopey puppy to a big dopey adult dog. I'd reccomend this to anyone sho's ever had that one perfect dog, or anyone who just loves dogs in general. I'm a sucker for a big dumb loving dog. Its always nice having someone far goofier than you running around the house acting a fool. Or someone who's always excited when you get home... your girlfriend or wife may just sit there but you can always count on that old hound to come running up to say hi. Its kind of funny reading about the crazy antics that the authpors dog was up to and thinking, "Wow my dog is just as weird."

Anyone else read this book? Or anyone had a great dog or still has one?

Marley & Me

Anyway yeah... the book lifted my spirits a bit, its just a nice feel good book ya know? Thought some of you may enjoy the read as well.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
thats cool, I've had a yellow and 2 black labs growing up, and 4 rottys. They were all great dogs, but now I have a Pomeranian and shes one of the best dogs yet. Plus she can't make a mess like the others did, or eat 20lbs of dog food a week.
echosystm
i have a zu

he barks

alot
SteelWolf
quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
thats cool, I've had a yellow and 2 black labs growing up, and 4 rottys. They were all great dogs, but now I have a Pomeranian and shes one of the best dogs yet. Plus she can't make a mess like the others did, or eat 20lbs of dog food a week.

LOL at the dog food... between my current golden Pluto, and my (now sadly gone) lab named Red Jerry (He was a "yellow" lab, but he was very red and so I called him Jerry, then later Red Jerry)... I swear I mus have gone thru a truckload of food these dogs can put it away i tell ya!!
dj_alfi
i thought labs normally were white... because it looks cleaner or something..
SteelWolf
quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
i thought labs normally were white... because it looks cleaner or something..

The have black labs, brown labs (often affectionately called chocolate labs) and yellow labs, that range from nearly white to deep red, much like my Red Jerry was.
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by SteelWolf
The have black labs, brown labs (often affectionately called chocolate labs) and yellow labs, that range from nearly white to deep red, much like my Red Jerry was.

you had your own lab??? what kind of experiments did u use to conduct?

if i had my own lab, i would gather like 20 bitches and do sexual things to them in the name of science..
chach
All dogs deserve to be kicked in the face.
chach
quote:
Originally posted by SteelWolf
Especially lovers of the big yellow breeds of dogs...

So I just got a care package a few days ago from some random nice lady in Palm Beach (one of those random support the troops organisations) and inside was a book called "Marley & Me." My younger sister had mentioned it to me a few weeks ago, so I figured, what the hell I'll read it.

Its a wonderful story about a young married couple that buys a Yellow Lab. Having owned a yellow Lab myself as a child, and more recently a Golden Retriever as a man, I was immediately hooked into this book, page after page it was like remembering my dogs as they grew, from being a big dopey puppy to a big dopey adult dog. I'd reccomend this to anyone sho's ever had that one perfect dog, or anyone who just loves dogs in general. I'm a sucker for a big dumb loving dog. Its always nice having someone far goofier than you running around the house acting a fool. Or someone who's always excited when you get home... your girlfriend or wife may just sit there but you can always count on that old hound to come running up to say hi. Its kind of funny reading about the crazy antics that the authpors dog was up to and thinking, "Wow my dog is just as weird."

Anyone else read this book? Or anyone had a great dog or still has one?

Marley & Me

Anyway yeah... the book lifted my spirits a bit, its just a nice feel good book ya know? Thought some of you may enjoy the read as well.
Wow that was ghey.
iammesol
As much as I hate dogs... you're an chach :p

KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
Originally posted by chach
All dogs deserve to be kicked in the face.

:( I feel the same way towards cats actually. Dogs don't turn psycho all of a sudden when u pet them and scratch and bite the out u for no reason.
iammesol
But they do lick and jump on your 24/7 for no reason. They need to calm the down. :o
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement