return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
buying second hand monitors
View this Thread in Original format
JD8180
found a decent deal on some Behringer Truth B2031A's for $250 on craigslist (I think I may be able to haggle the price down as he's been selling for some time now). is it worth it to buy monitors used? in the description it says it wasn't used too much and still owns the boxes and everything. if it is worth it, what are some things i should look for/test when i meet up with him?
Storyteller
If monitors have been used properly there's nothing but good things to say about buying monitors second hand except for warranty.

More quality for less money ;)
nefardec
you can get new ones for 250 on ebay.

I bought mine from a store new for 320.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
Originally posted by JD8180
found a decent deal on some Behringer Truth B2031A's for $250 on craigslist (I think I may be able to haggle the price down as he's been selling for some time now). is it worth it to buy monitors used? in the description it says it wasn't used too much and still owns the boxes and everything. if it is worth it, what are some things i should look for/test when i meet up with him?

yea if u can talk him down a bit more, then go for it...though anything Behringer I usually run the other way from.
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
yea if u can talk him down a bit more, then go for it...though anything Behringer I usually run the other way from.

yes, but i've heard nothing but good things from their line of monitors.
miamitranceman
quote:

I price matched a website at a local Sam Ash for 270 new. The guy didnt realize he should've taken the 45.00 shipping into effect too. Heh. You could try that and see if you get lucky.
Storyteller
quote:

They're not bad, but there are better monitors in the same price range now. About 5 yrs ago (when I got my behringers) these where the only low budget monitors around. They go insanely loud which is fun to get that club feel at home when practising :D

Make sure the have the grey fronts and you're all good. If it's the shiny black ones, those are a bit less good (in terms of sound). Still ok though. Especially since you're getting them quite cheap and all :)
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
I price matched a website at a local Sam Ash for 270 new. The guy didnt realize he should've taken the 45.00 shipping into effect too. Heh. You could try that and see if you get lucky.

i am going to try this route for now. much rather pay a tiny bit more to get them brand new with warranty and all. if it doesn't work then i will go for the craigslist. i already found the website offering at $270. so hopefully they will match that price too.
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller
Make sure the have the grey fronts and you're all good. If it's the shiny black ones, those are a bit less good (in terms of sound). Still ok though. Especially since you're getting them quite cheap and all :)

are the grey fronts a different model number? or are just some b2031a's grey/better and some black/worse?

also, what are some of the better monitors within that price range that you speak of? i'm a monitor noob and only keep hearing about the krk's and the truth's.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
i am going to try this route for now. much rather pay a tiny bit more to get them brand new with warranty and all. if it doesn't work then i will go for the craigslist. i already found the website offering at $270. so hopefully they will match that price too.

Smart man. I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I'm just a brand whore when it comes to electronics, though a friend had some Behringer monitors, and they were extremely harsh and lacked any bass response.

Cro_Addict
i bought a pair on Amazon from seller GT.

$270+$25shipping = $295 total

they get delivered in under a week.
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by Cro_Addict
i bought a pair on Amazon from seller GT.

$270+$25shipping = $295 total

they get delivered in under a week.

good call, just looked it up and there's a seller saying they're an authorized dealer for 270+24. if sam ash fails on me, i will definitely take this route as i probably would have paid just about the same after tax.

thanks for everyone's input!! :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement