return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Internet CPR/First Aid Cerification
View this Thread in Original format
justin
Seems like an odd thing. I always thought the traing process required hands on activities. Like blowing air into the mouth of a dummy or puttin band-aids on one.
Looking into it b/c lots of jobs require first-aid cerification and it looks good to have it on your resume even if the job offers free training.
However, I noticed that there are a few bogus web sites. but I found one that looks pretty ligit.
NE way
Does anyone have any experience with on-line certification? is it for real?
Silky Johnson
I can't even imagine how you would know what the you're doing without actually practicing it on a dummy.

Just go take a proper course.
mezzir
I would NOT want someone performing first aid/cpr on me if they got certified online. And i've been certified (recertifying yearly) in both for the last 8 years.
Project-K
Not to mention you'll memorize the information better from hands-on experience, if you care at all about using it and not just getting a piece of paper that'll make you look good.
Dr. DAS
Don't waste your time. Check out http://www.sja.ca/splash.aspx and take a proper course. Totally worth a weekend of your time, imo, given the number of times I've had to use it.

No offence, but if I get hit by a car and you have an online cert, just call 911 and stand back, okay?

Besides, I'm sure you have better things to do on the internet, like correct other's grammar.;)
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
I can't even imagine how you would know what the you're doing without actually practicing it on a dummy.

Just go take a proper course.

Bingo. I think my card has expired, oughta go get recertified this summer.
justin
I do care, thats why I asked.

thanks for the website I'm looking into it right now

I never corrected peoples grammar before have I? I'm sorry.
StanVoid
Dr. DAS
quote:
Originally posted by justin
I do care, thats why I asked.

thanks for the website I'm looking into it right now

I never corrected peoples grammar before have I? I'm sorry.

Not directed at you, just a general CoR observation...

And you're welcome.
dj_alfi
how can someone not know cpr?
basic first aid is also people should just know, without having to take a class lol..

here in norway we're taught first aid/cpr in schools, from we're like 9 or something..

Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
how can someone not know cpr?
basic first aid is also people should just know, without having to take a class lol..

here in norway we're taught first aid/cpr in schools, from we're like 9 or something..

Oh god you're really ing awesome, you know that? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
NeoPhono
Don't feel bad, even with CPR someone in cardiac arrest only has about a 5% chance of survival unless you're planning on carrying around a defibrillator. :whip:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement