return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Real Instruments
View this Thread in Original format
Vortex_SA
Who here plays an instrument? and what companies are considered the leading manufacturs of your instruments?

ill start with mine...

Electric guitar - Thats an easy one... i have a jackson and a custom made squire (i made it custom :) ) - leading in this type of instruments are - Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, ESP...

French Horn - I have a CONN 6D (the 8D is considered better tho...) - Leading in this type - Conn, Bach

im starting this as i want to learn some violin and arabian instruments... all invited on this one :)
kitphillips
Yeah, I play:

Electric Guitar: I have a Strat and an Ibanez. Good brands are PRS, Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker. To a lesser extent ESP, Ibanez (too many to list really)
Acoustic Guitars: I have an Epiphone resonator. Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Breedlove are the best brands.
Violin: I have an old German thing, we don't really know where it came from. Don't know there really are leading makers here, I think its a small scale sort of industry based on independant Luthiers.
Piano: I've got a Rich. Lipp and Son (its 60 years old) Good brands are: Bechstein, Bosendorfer, Steinway etc. Often smaller names..
Eldritch
No, I just play on this imaginary insrument called a synth. :rolleyes: :D
Haak
I play an american made Fender Telecaster. I'm still not any good though, but improving all the time.
Zild
Guitars: Hagstrom Swede, and Godin Resonator. Running into an MXR Dynacomp into Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi NYC edition into Boss overdrive/distortion into a Blackheart Little Giant 5 watt head.

Drums: Tama Rockstar kit with Zildjian cymbals

And I use Shure SM57s for recording, and SM58s for vocals.
Vortex_SA
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
Guitars: Hagstrom Swede, and Godin Resonator. Running into an MXR Dynacomp into Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi NYC edition into Boss overdrive/distortion into a Blackheart Little Giant 5 watt head.

Drums: Tama Rockstar kit with Zildjian cymbals

And I use Shure SM57s for recording, and SM58s for vocals.

i heard zildjian are gr8... barker uses their set isnt he?

and the shure sm57s, is that for the drums?
Zild
57s are your standard not too expensive instrument/vocal mics. You can use them for almost anything. Not the best by any means but a true workhorse. And I like the way they sound.

Yes i've been obsessed with Zildjian cymbals for at least 10 years now... notice my username.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement