return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
I say we get Jeff Mills in MTL
View this Thread in Original format
projectgreen
What do you guys think?
Mr Moss

hes a good dj but i dunno how much of an audience he'd attract and if clubs could afford him
projectgreen
I guess not everybody has good taste :)
elFreak
quote:
Originally posted by projectgreen
I guess not everybody has good taste :)

or the money to book him..he is not cheap.

id rather see juan atkins tbh...
julien2
quote:
Originally posted by elFreak
or the money to book him..he is not cheap.

id rather see juan atkins tbh...

Model 500

/dream
sonofbigboss
the master himself :)
i agree, it would be fantastic to have him spin here. However, to be honest i think we must first build back up a more solid techno scene in mtl. given his booking fee, not sure anyones going to gamble on organizing an event with him.
keep in mind, theres are plenty of less known, underground, yet excellent techno dj's and producers all over the planet, who you'd get for 1/3 the price of mills, and who'd deliver a different, but equally (or almost ;) ) as unique of an experience as he would. the problem is that techno has been gone from this city for so long that few people are aware of any quality veterans or newcomers to the scene today, except for guys like the oldschool legends from detroit.
elFreak
i wouldnt call him the master...he is a great producer who can't dj very well.
projectgreen
He can't be anymore expensive than Carl Cox and we was at Stereo not to long ago. Altough I wasn't that thrilled with his newer sounds - much different than in 1999 when I first saw him play.
DiskHO
i think that 350 people came to carl craig at stereo and that less than that came to see jeff mills last time he was at aria. i think even less would come out now. maybe he should change his name to jeff digweed to get montreal gigs
elFreak
or steve guettawler

sonofbigboss
quote:
Originally posted by elFreak he is a great producer who can't dj very well.

in what way can he not dj "very well"???
elFreak

saw him in feb and it was as much as jokenfold...seriously. He is not the best out of the detroit crew by far.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement