return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
Sean Kingston @ Red Lite - Friday July 4th 2008
View this Thread in Original format
balenblanc
~*Stereohead*~
well that caught my attention for the worst of reasons

wtf is BeB doing collaborating with the bringing of a hiphop artist? selllll outtttttt!!! even more than i thought before, damn.

BeB peeps, please explain so i can retract my awful comments :p
Neo Hacker
this guy is a DJ ? I thought he was only producing (I only know him for Beautiful Girls, which is OK). No offense for the people who loves this guy, I just didn't know he was DJing :)

He looks so young !
the_devil
* spectacle de 45 minutes *

lol that's so funny
Marcus007
so.... where did my post go...

malek... are you deleting comments for the mighty beb empire :P
Enjoy
only positive posts allowed! boom bebshot!
Neo Hacker
quote:
Originally posted by Enjoy
only positive posts allowed! boom bebshot!

I love Hip Hop.
Ravemontreal
This young kid is one of the top pop-rnb selling artist in the world. I'm not even sure he is 20 years old. And if he does a 45 minutes show, it's probably because he is a producer/singer, not a DJ.

Bal en Blanc manages big bookings, whether it's Offer Nissim, Sean Kingtson, Bob Sinclar or doing Mixaide event with Luc Plamondon. They don't have the mission to be exclusively EDM, never been really underground, and they provide support for booking big names.
simonbmtl
BeB did hip hop shows (De La Soul) in the past as part of the BeB weekend. They also used to book great house DJs like Joe Clausell circa 2001.
~*Stereohead*~
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
Bal en Blanc manages big bookings, whether it's Offer Nissim, Sean Kingtson, Bob Sinclar or doing Mixaide event with Luc Plamondon. They don't have the mission to be exclusively EDM, never been really underground, and they provide support for booking big names.

Oooooohhhhhhhh okkkk so the peeps at BeB are simply hypocritical opportunists. my premonitions are confirmed. ;)

"They don't have the mission to be exclusively EDM?" Well I certainly beg to differ after having read allllllllllll the bull they've fed me (us) on this forum. Soooooo many quotes I can think of from BeB affiliated people that have posted here, attempting to tell us completely otherwise: that they're in it to 'cater' to all EDM fans and provide a truly unique experience. my ass.

"They provide support for booking big names"? What does that mean? Think about it: this sean kingston deuschebag doesn't give 2 s about BeB apparently "supporting" him. i bet you he has no idea who michael armstrong even is. Like you said, he's under 20 and the #1 hip-pop artist in the world. BeB certainly did jacksquat to get him there. Why the hell would he care who's supporting him? His bank account's filled up already! lol...a 45 min show! i wonder how much he's getting for that.

A big :rolleyes: at this one...not at you tho martin :), just this crap in particular.

Ravemontreal
Well both of my points were misunderstood, probably because my english is not quite that perfect.

What I meant is:

By saying support, I am not talking about moral support, tap on the back, or any influence on the artist actual worlwide development, rather than being a "link" between an artist's agency and montreal. By having a lot of big names on their roster (for montreal), they are seen has a Montreal trusty advisor helping them find the right spot for their artist to perform without having knowledge of the city.

By saying their mission is not exclusively EDM, It means what it means. Wheter they do a good job on EDM or not, that's for everybody to make their on opinion. But clearly they have always been doing other stuff. Statement they made were about their love for EDM and House music, not about concentrate all activities on that.

I mean it's all good, i have nothing to gain from defending a Sean kingtson event, I just think that not everything is so black & white.

I have seen a group called LIVE doing a 1h10 show at Bell Center with 5 albums under their belt.... 45 minutes show/sing/performance is not very long, but i guess he doesn't have much material since he is just starting out with a first album....
RayRayy
Like i said in the other forum I thought Sebastien Leger is playing in the house that night too.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement