return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Group D: Greece, Sweden, Spain, Russia
View this Thread in Original format
BoRe
Greece (holders)

Sweden

Spain

Russia

Fixtures:

quote:
10 June 18:00 | Innsbruck | Spain - Russia
10 June 20:45 | Salzburg | Greece - Sweden
| |
14 June 18:00 | Innsbruck | Sweden - Spain
14 June 20:45 | Salzburg | Greece - Russia
| |
18 June 20:45 | Salzburg | Greece - Spain
18 June 20:45 | Innsbruck | Russia - Sweden
Unique2701
Guus Hiddink ftw :D
body125z
greece for second time in the row :toothless
bas
L'Espagne ftw!
denys envy
Russia to shock :)
nchs09
Spain will take this. They have a very good team (even though they always do but somehow manage to it up)
Member of X
quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
Russia to shock :)


I will root against Russia to spite Commie and Vlad. Simply for that reason only.

Go Spain I guess but I'd be ok with Sweden.
Intuition
On the topic of Spain, who's better: David Villa or Fernando Torres?

I've loved watching David Villa play for so long now, and even though he lagged a little this season at Valencia, cause of the whole situation, he's got a lot to prove this summer to attract the names of some big clubs (if he's not signed before then). Torres, on the other hand, has had the season of his life, and it only looks up from here. But, being a man who favours consistency myself, I'd still say Villa. Regardless, the partnership will be AWESOME this summer.
chesco
i've note seen enough of david villa this season to comment on, but fernando torres has to be one of the best finishers in the game.

If spain don't reach the semi final's at least this year then they never will. Ridiculously talented team.
Intuition
quote:
Originally posted by chesco
If spain don't reach the semi final's at least this year then they never will. Ridiculously talented team.


Agreed, and Aragones just named the squad today. Thoughts? No Raul, but no surprise either. And the replacement, Sergio Garcia, who I also like, but ahead of goal-scoring machine Dani Guiza? Seems strange.

The biggest shock for me was no Jesus Navas, who is a machine on the wing, but it may have been the whole homesickness thing that held him back from going.

SPANIARD
quote:
Originally posted by Intuition
Agreed, and Aragones just named the squad today. Thoughts? No Raul, but no surprise either. And the replacement, Sergio Garcia, who I also like, but ahead of goal-scoring machine Dani Guiza? Seems strange.

The biggest shock for me was no Jesus Navas, who is a machine on the wing, but it may have been the whole homesickness thing that held him back from going.

Just to help clear things up, Dani Guiza is in the squad, I don't know what you meant by 'ahead' so I'll just assume you read the list wrong. Also, Navas has a serious depression problem that really has held back his promise. This may explain why he doesn't play in some away matches as he doesn't want to leave Sevilla (the city in this instance). Good player but unfortunately his progress will not go further than this I'm afraid :(.

To be honest, I don't really know what to make of the squad. I've just come to the point like every other Spanish person that 'pase lo que pase' (whatever happens, happens) and not really to have expectations. The team has the players, the flair etc... but do we have a personality?
Intuition
quote:
Originally posted by SPANIARD
Just to help clear things up, Dani Guiza is in the squad, I don't know what you meant by 'ahead' so I'll just assume you read the list wrong.


Indeed I did. :D

And I just realized that Joaquin is out too.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement