return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Help me choose my Euro team
View this Thread in Original format
verndogs
So here is my dilemma.

I don't have an official Euro team to support. I know most of the star players, but I still don't have an allegiance for a Euro country to support. Keep in mind I want to root for this country in future tourneys alongside the US national team.

Even though I've hated Les Bleus and the Azzuri in the past, I'm keeping all my options open. I'll also consider Euro teams that aren't in this tournament.

Give me your best reasons to support your country. I'll post my decision by Friday night my time.
The_G0dfather
Personally, I always go for the Dutch.

1: Very impressive how a small country like Holland is able to continue to generate that many talents every few years (babel, huntelaar, maduro, heitinga, sneijder, drenthe, robben, van der vaart,van persie,...)

2: generally it's one of the few teams that doesnt adapt their system to their opponent. Especially untill a few years ago, before Van Basten took over. VB is more realistic and focused on results but generally and especially in the past, Holland always tries to play beautiful attacking football, kinda like Ajax and Barcelona.

3: Their tradition of excellent wingers (Overmars, Zenden, Babel, Robben) and strikers ( Van Basten Bergkamp, Kluivert, Van Nistelrooiy, Huntelaar maybe).

4: CRUIJFF

5: Because of this goal:

Team to not pick: Germany, for so many obvious reasons
noikeee
I don't know why are you thinking so hard on this. I've already told you that supporting Austria is the best option.

Now seriously, if I had to pick another team other than Portugal, this time I'm not really sure. In the past I used to like Holland A LOT, but haven't warmed up much to this current team they have. I still remember very well that crazy Portugal-Holland game in the world cup, some hostility still remains.

Another team I always used to support was Croatia, but I'm not too optimistic on their chances. I know they have a bunch of new amazing players like Modric and Corluka, many people were impressed by their qualifying performance, but think they'll struggle without Eduardo, and could be caught out by Poland in their group. Not easy to support a team that you're convinced that will fail.

So just support Portugal once and for all. :p (although I'm not 100% convinced by our team neither...)
denys envy
yeah, if you have nothing to support because your country is out I'd definitely go for one of the home sides. either austria or switzerland should do, but i think the swiss have a better chance of going through a bit further. historically home sides perform above expectations and the games usually have a huge atmosphere with a ton of supporters cheering them on.
malek
bandwagon jumpers always go for italy...
Eddie N MIAMI
quote:
Originally posted by malek
bandwagon jumpers always go for italy...

metrosexuals too! :crazy:

quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
yeah, if you have nothing to support because your country is out I'd definitely go for one of the home sides. either austria or switzerland should do, but i think the swiss have a better chance of going through a bit further. historically home sides perform above expectations and the games usually have a huge atmosphere with a ton of supporters cheering them on.

lol @ rooting for Austria, I remember reading that some Austrians made a petition for them to be excluded from the Euros to save them from embarrassment and their national pride cause they felt the team sucked ass.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Simmons
So here is my dilemma.

I don't have an official Euro team to support. I know most of the star players, but I still don't have an allegiance for a Euro country to support. Keep in mind I want to root for this country in future tourneys alongside the US national team.

Even though I've hated Les Bleus and the Azzuri in the past, I'm keeping all my options open. I'll also consider Euro teams that aren't in this tournament.

Give me your best reasons to support your country. I'll post my decision by Friday night my time.

root for the country you feel has the hottest chicks, duhhhhhh

anyways though, I already told you to root for Holland, Godfather explained the reasons well again
bas
Do what I do and just root for whichever team has the most players from your prem league club. Go Liverpo...Spain!
The_G0dfather
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie N MIAMI

root for the country you feel has the hottest chicks, duhhhhhh

Lets goooo Sweden :D
denys envy
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Do what I do and just root for whichever team has the most players from your prem league club. Go Liverpo...Spain!

That's a good idea too. Italy is my 2nd favorite cuz of the Juve players...
Intuition
Spain.

/thread

Ian
Spain for me based on the fact that it's my number 1 destination for getting away from the UK for holidays & the locals wherever i've been have always been good. Being abroad when liverpool beat milan in turkey was an amazing experience too, the joy and fun & games and the way it was just so well receieved by them, sharing with all the english who were behaving but still having fun :)
bananas
Holland ftw.
Other than them i'd root for spain, portugal, croatia, czechia
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement