return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Review: Babylon Especial @ The Week - São Paulo - May 24, 2008
View this Thread in Original format
Patius

DJs: João Neto, Renato Cecin, Paulo Pacheco, Offer Nissim & Peter Rauhofer

Arrived just on time in order not to wait on line for too long. Not too much drama, just have to watch out for those cars getting into the parking lot, and soon after you find yourself giving your name to a nice smiling person, which then gives you a card that will be used for your consumption during the evening.

The place has changed a bit since my last visit in 2007, they have added a cover to the outside area, and it kind of looks like an outdoor theatre, which at the end you find a pool. They have probably also added extra speakers to the place, and given the final touch to the VIP area located just above the dance floor and in the upper level behind the DJ area.

The decoration of the place was beautiful, those diamond like lamps really made the place look special, and I cannot forget to mention the wonderful and beautiful go-go boys of the house, which would come out once in a while with those little shorts that really show their wonderful athletic physics.

The Week got busy really fast, and so did the Djs of the night. I still not sure but I believe Renato Cecin was the resident DJ that started the night, and let me tell you, this was one of the fastest and shortest warm ups I have seen in my life. It probably took him only 15 minutes in order to get the party going strong, the volume went up and the dance floor started to move - there is no way this can be considered a warm up set, it was actually a normal set with happy and strong tribal music.

Once again, please correct me if I’m wrong, within an hour João Neto took over the decks and continued the strong tribal performance started by Cecin. He was still wearing his shirt. By then the place was packed, and people kept in coming. Capacity of the house is around 5.000 people, but let me tell you, the Montreal fire marshals would had been the most hated people if they had crashed this party - it was a capacity super plus. Luckily there is ventilation coming from the open doors, but it was just horrible trying to move from one side to the other of the place.

Around 2:10am the music stopped and this white screen came down right above the decks, I was busy looking at my right, where the most spectacular showcase of Brazilian DNA was dancing. Looked at the giant screen and saw the owner of The Week seating in this golden Miss Universe style chair, I believe he was thanking the crowd about Pride of something. In reality I didn’t pay too much attention because in my mind, it reminded me of the Queen Elizabeth during her Christmas message given to the Common Wealth via BBC. Anyway, good for him because it looks like he enjoyed what he has accomplished in Brazil so far, and who knows, maybe he will start venturing in other cities (Buenos Aires?).

The giant screen went up and Offer Nissim was uncovered behind the decks, the people went wild, and you can tell Nissim loved the reception, so much that I actually found him to be better that usual. I have seen many times, and usually I can’t take the whole hands/head moves thing, I understand is his style and I respect that, but this night was somehow different, maybe it was because the energy of the place was super contagious, and or maybe it was because his moves were synchronized with the lighting of the place, don’t know what it was but it didn’t bug me that much.

Offer played an interesting set, mixing some of his old classics and new tunes I haven’t heard before. Obviously everything full of vocals and drama, which are expected from him.

During his set I also visited the second dance floor, and it was a more commercial type of house music being played, but interesting enough to keep the place packed of dancers. Checked the outdoors area and it was almost impossible to walk, I also had the chance to see some people that truly believe for any problem there is a chemical solution.

Don’t know if I’m write but Peter Rauhofer probably started his set at around 6:00am, and it was actually funny to see him in his knees setting up something in the front while Offer Nissim moved his hands in the air. Music stopped for a second or two and then Peter took over for the night.

I was expecting Peter to push the envelop and play a very risqué set, instead I found him going after a safer performance. Right away he turned to Madonna, which we all know the boys love, and continued with those strong hits we know from him. Lots of vocals and happy tunes, not too dark or deep, at least that is what I heard while I was at the location. Unfortunately because I had to catch my flight to Belo Horizonte, I had to leave the party at around 8:00am. I wished I could stayed longer but work is work and even though it was Pride in São Paulo, I had other responsibilities in my hands.

The boys and girls love The Week International, and you can see the place has become a must do activity while in Brazil. Don’t know how many people work at this place, but there are lots of employees. At the beginning of the night, I asked five different bartenders who was the DJ spinning at the moment, and none of them were able to identify the resident DJ of the house. Nevertheless, even though they might be lacking the musical knowledge of the place, they sure know how to help you in the bar area - loved how much attention they paid to the customers.

Lots of Brazilians wear sun glasses during the night, and I must say this is really necessary at The Week - once the sun start to come up, the ray of lights start to hit the interior of the main dance floor. It is a wonderful combination of natural and artificial lights, combined with incredible music, contagious energy, and as I said before, the most incredible and gorgeous genes display of the world. Do you want to see good looking people?

I was told the party continued until almost noon, and it is too bad I did not get to see the third of the local resident of the house, DJ Paulo Pacheco.

On Sunday (May 25), it was estimated 5 million the number of people present at Avenida Paulista for the Parade.

Videos from the "Made in Brazil” blog
Dj Nacht
yea.... hummmm ok....
Im glad I didnt go! Im scared to meet that beefed up sailor mermaid on the dancefloor!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement