return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Hiring a Maid
View this Thread in Original format
Theresa
Since I had my surgery, I really haven't been able to do much cleaning. I can get my laundry done as that isn't too physically demanding, but things like scrubbing the bathtub, mopping/sweeping etc. I really haven't been able to do. My bathroom is getting to be a mess, and it is driving me crazy (being the germaphobe I am). I wish I could take care of it myself, but I can't be that physically active just yet :(

I have never hired a maid before... so it's a little weird. It feels so... wrong, like it's ultimate laziness! LOL!

Has anyone hired a maid before? What was it like? What price range was it (per hour/vist)? Did you like it? Did you find they cleaned to your satisfaction? Was it awkward?

It's strange... I almost feel guilty considering it, even though I can't do it myself. Bah!
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa
Since I had my surgery, I really haven't been able to do much cleaning. I can get my laundry done as that isn't too physically demanding, but things like scrubbing the bathtub, mopping/sweeping etc. I really haven't been able to do. My bathroom is getting to be a mess, and it is driving me crazy (being the germaphobe I am). I wish I could take care of it myself, but I can't be that physically active just yet :(

I have never hired a maid before... so it's a little weird. It feels so... wrong, like it's ultimate laziness! LOL!

Has anyone hired a maid before? What was it like? What price range was it (per hour/vist)? Did you like it? Did you find they cleaned to your satisfaction? Was it awkward?

It's strange... I almost feel guilty considering it, even though I can't do it myself. Bah!

Don't you have a bf? :p
Theresa
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Don't you have a bf? :p

LOL!

I KNOW he wouldn't clean it to my satisfaction... which would drive me bonkers. Not to mention, it's a little presumptuous to expect him to clean my bathroom for me and we don't even live together. He works almost 50 hours a week too, so I wouldn't feel right asking him.

I would much rather ask a professional who does this for a living.
Orbital32
I paid my maid $40 per visit plus a tip each time she came. After a while i started to figure out that she came when she wanted and it usually ended up being RIGHT AFTER I CLEANED THE DAMN HOUSE. I just want to hire a person to do my laundry and also to hang my close. I hate doing laundry. Its so time consuming.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by Orbital32
I paid my maid $40 per visit plus a tip each time she came. After a while i started to figure out that she came when she wanted...

Hah.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Orbital32
I just want to hire a person to do my laundry and also to hang my close. I hate doing laundry. Its so time consuming.

How is laundry that time consuming? :wtf:

You throw stuff in the washer, do whatever until it's washed, then hang it out. Take it in when it's dry.
narcism
quote:

You throw stuff in the washer, do whatever until it's washed, then hang it out. Take it in when it's dry.

or just throw it into the dryer ;)
Lilith
I hire them all the time, tenants will clean things up to 'ok' specifications but generally not to my liking to re-lease.
$180, 5 Viet's in a Hiace van, 2hrs and they'll annihilate any sign of dirt :D
(Course they don't have to dodge around any furniture)
Orbital32
quote:

I usually wear about 2-3 different clothes each day. I very picky when it comes to washing. No more then 4 pants in the washer at a time, of course whites separated from the darks, darks broken down to light dark and very dark, etc. One week worth of clothes is about 6-8 loads in the washer. It takes at least 35 minutes for each load to complete. It becomes an all day affair.

Hanging out to dry? That's so 1880's.
nchs09
Had a maid till i was 18..... Maids are great. They are a bit expensive here in the US though :/

Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by narcism
or just throw it into the dryer ;)

Don't have one. It never rains here, so it's pretty redundant :p
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
Had a maid till i was 18.....

and a sister of the same age & appearance?

I'm surprised at you theresa, i thought you'd hire some gay bloke (the guy i know who's most obsessed with cleanliness is a gay lad, but his mum drove him that way (both gay & obsessive imo)

ps. sushi, I smite you with some rain............. now!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement