return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Tracks Section > Tracklist Requests / Postings

Pages: [1] 2 
Perfecto On Tour 85 Oakenfold @ Godskitchen Birmingham 24-05-2008
View this Thread in Original format
ga11agher
So was there and was a great set.

The actual tracklisting of the show was as follows, so lets see if this episode follows the night....

01. Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Otherside (Benny Bennasi Remix)
02. Armin Van Burren - Rush Hour
03. ID
04. Lustral - When My Satellite Falls Down
05. Planet Perfeto - Bullet In the Gun (??? Remix)
06. Robert Vadney - Away From You
07. Oakenfold - Time Of Your Life (??? Remix)
08. Mark Norman - Blinkken Machine
09. Oakenfold - Not Over Yet (??? Remix)
10. Jeckyll & Hyde - Frozen Flame (Kryztow De Fier Remix)
11. ID
12. Oakenfold - Hypnotised (??? Remix)
13. Mekka - Diamonback (??? Remix)
14. Oakenfold - Southern Sun (2008 Remix)
15. Fred Baker - Children
ga11agher
so after listening to the broadcast show I can conclusively say that this show bears little-to-no resemblence to the set that was actually played on the night (the official speal is that this is a recording of the live show with the odd track edited or replaced). will start to put a tracklist together for the broadcast show...
ga11agher
01. Leya - All On My Sundays (Liam Shachar Remix)
02. ID
03. Lustral - Everytime (Remix)
04. ID
05. Madonna - Give It To Me (Oakenfold Remix)
06. Kenneth Thomas - The Promise
07. ID
08. Delerium - Silence (Remix)
09. ID
10. Oakenfold - Amsterdam (Remix)
11. ID
12. ID
13. ID
14. ID
15. ID
16. ID
17. ID
18. Oakenfold - Save The Last Trance (Remix)
ga11agher
not a single track from the night was in this set - so how does that give a true representation of the night???

for me these sets are now just a dissapointment, not because they are bad in any real way but because they are billed as being a representation of the night and bear no resemblence to the tracks that were played.

IMO oakenfold is and always will be about the tracks (ok so his mixing can sometimes be a bit 'meh', but I don't go to a club to judge a dj's technical ability because I'm too busy having making sure I have a good night).

I honestly don't think these sets and the way they are billed are oakenfolds fault. I question how much input oakenfold actually has to these sets as I believe they are mixed in a studio somewhere using ableton and an outdated collection of tracks that oakenfold may have used at some point in the past.
leonsv
Radioshow Perfecto On Tour is not live, many people know about it.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...56&forumid=6&s=
gloryx85
link - paul oakenfold godskitchen air birmingham

you can compare :D
leonsv
Paul Oakenfold - Perfecto On Tour 85 18-07-2008

01. Leya - All On My Sundays (Liam Shachar Remix)
02. ID
03. Lustral - Everytime (Randy Boyer and Eric Tadla 2008 mix)
04. ID
05. Madonna - Give It To Me (Paul Oakenfold Remix)
06. Kenneth Thomas vs. Airglow - The Promise (Kenneth Thomas Remix)
07. ID
08. Delerium feat. Sarah Mclachlan - Silence (Niels Van Gogh vs. Thomas Gold Remix)
09. ID
10. Paul Oakenfold - Amsterdam (ID Remix)
11. ID
12. ID
13. Terry Ferminal Vs. Mark Sherry - Walk Away (Mark Sherrys Outburst Mix)
14. ID
15. Triballa feat. Andrew Force - Nothing Ever
16. ID
17. ID
18. Paul Oakenfold - Save The Last Trance (ID Remix)

Mirror : http://www.trancef.com/paul-oakenfo...n-tour-085.html
jmrecillas
quote:
Originally posted by gloryx85
link - paul oakenfold godskitchen air birmingham

you can compare :D

Many of us has made the comparison and I think is incredible that every week there is some dude that has just discover that PoT is not a live show, and yada yada yada... Anyway, I think there are many of them that are really enjoyable, and the work put on set the TL made by Leonsv, BloodlustShaman and Made to Live is amazing. I always thanks them for their job, so simply enjoy the music.
ga11agher
quote:
Originally posted by jmrecillas
Many of us has made the comparison and I think is incredible that every week there is some dude that has just discover that PoT is not a live show, and yada yada yada...

I think you totally misunderstood the point I'm trying to make regarding these sets...

YES the authenticity of these sets have been spoken about many times and it can categorically be said that these sets are NOT live (let that be the final word on this subject :-).

However these sets are stated to be a 'representation' of the night that it references, and to quote from the 'disclaimer':stongue: at the end of the show:

'Perfecto On Tour is aired as originally performed, but may be edited for time and (on occasion) unreleased tracks or degraded audio may be removed or replaced'

Now by what stretch of the imagination is the show broadcast a representation of that which was originally performed? Take a look at the track listing of the live show and the broadcast and show me any resemblance between the two.

I'm not taking anthing away from these sets as they stand a good sets in their own right. But as a fan of oakenfold (which I don't mind admitting too regardless of the general opinion on here) I was hoping to hear some of the tracks from the night again....
morfeodomenico
The new remix of paul save the last trance for me.......amsterdam........ready stedy go.....sex and money.....

FANTASTIC REMIX WHO ARE FOR?

THERE IS A NEW CD????

OAKENFOLD IS THE BEST

BloodlustShaman
09. Nic Chagall - WYN (ID Mix)
16. Bryan Kearney - More To Life
jmrecillas
quote:
Originally posted by ga11agher
I think you totally misunderstood the point I'm trying to make regarding these sets...

YES the authenticity of these sets have been spoken about many times and it can categorically be said that these sets are NOT live (let that be the final word on this subject :-).

However these sets are stated to be a 'representation' of the night that it references, and to quote from the 'disclaimer':stongue: at the end of the show:

'Perfecto On Tour is aired as originally performed, but may be edited for time and (on occasion) unreleased tracks or degraded audio may be removed or replaced'

Now by what stretch of the imagination is the show broadcast a representation of that which was originally performed? Take a look at the track listing of the live show and the broadcast and show me any resemblance between the two.

I'm not taking anthing away from these sets as they stand a good sets in their own right. But as a fan of oakenfold (which I don't mind admitting too regardless of the general opinion on here) I was hoping to hear some of the tracks from the night again....

I got it. I understand your point. And concerning that, the only thing I only can say for you is that PoT are not even close of real live shows. Yous example is valid, but there are at least two sets from PoT that was labeled as some shows that indeed we have a real live set, i.e. Perfecto on Tour 027, Tsekh Music Festival, St. Petersburg and Perfecto on Tour 031, Ultra Music Festival, Miami, both from 2007, to which correspond two real live sets that are so far away from what Sirius broadcasted. But this is something which happens with many other DJs and there is no such a noise talk about it. Even when I understand your disagree and pist off, its not pretty much more what I can tell you, just add that I'm sorry too that PoT are not representing of live sets or great nights. Sorry! :rolleyes:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement