return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Korg Kaoss Pad 3
View this Thread in Original format
Michael May
I have a Korg Kaoss Pad 3. I am using Serato Scratch Live for dj mixing. I am having trouble sending midi (midi clock) messages from Serato to kaoss pad. I am rying to keep the effects in sync coming from the kaoss pad to the music that is playing. My device manager is telling me it cannot find the kaoss pad. I am using a Compaq with windows vista. Hope someone can help me out with this problem. It would greatly appreciated. I can give more info upon request.

Thanks,

Mike
i got big pants
i dont believe the serato box has a midi out...if somebody can confirm this that would be good.

if it doesnt have a midi out...as far as im aware of, you wont be able to send any type of midi information to the kaoss pad
Polt
quote:
Originally posted by i got big pants
i dont believe the serato box has a midi out...if somebody can confirm this that would be good.

if it doesnt have a midi out...as far as im aware of, you wont be able to send any type of midi information to the kaoss pad

It doesn't have any midi connections.
miamitranceman
FYI the upcoming version of Torq will have a built in midi clock that you can sync to any external midi device. It's definitely one of the most anticipated features. :eyes:
Michael May
Thanks for the responses so far. Could someone point me in the right direction as far as what kind of mixing software I should be using in order to make the Kaoss Pad function properly? Does anyone know if Traktor would be an option? If so, what other hardware would I need? Would I need some type of midi controller or an external sound card with midi in/out built into it? I know Serato has midi on it but it is via the USB. I am not sure what all that is about. Thanks again for the responses and hopefully someone can help.

Mike
miamitranceman
quote:
Originally posted by Michael May
Thanks for the responses so far. Could someone point me in the right direction as far as what kind of mixing software I should be using in order to make the Kaoss Pad function properly? Does anyone know if Traktor would be an option? If so, what other hardware would I need? Would I need some type of midi controller or an external sound card with midi in/out built into it? I know Serato has midi on it but it is via the USB. I am not sure what all that is about. Thanks again for the responses and hopefully someone can help.

Mike

All you'd probably need is a midi to usb connector from the back of your kp3 into your computer. Or you could always go for an external soundcard.

Check out this video at 28:30 and you'll see Chad Carrier, the lead designer of Torq, using an external midi drum machine synched to Torq.

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do...e69b11de5e5196e
tintin11
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
FYI the upcoming version of Torq will have a built in midi clock that you can sync to any external midi device. It's definitely one of the most anticipated features. :eyes:

snap son, did not know.
Ryan0751
The Korg unit has it's own beat detection engine in it... it should sync up to the music playing based on what it's "listening to".

I don't think Serato has a MIDI clock output...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement