return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Anyone read japanese?
View this Thread in Original format
Clovis
Whats this say?

Photobucket
Dervish
Tree
Lira
"Kanagi Eda": Kanagi is the name of a long and slender tree, and "eda" means branch. Without context, it just means something like "branch of (a/the) kanagi". If you want the literal meaning of each ideogram: Metal, Tree, Branch.

edit: Talking about Kanagi, it's also the name of a city in Northern Japan, in which Osamu Dazai (a Japanese author) was born. You may like some of his books :)
diggerz
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
"Kanagi Eda": Kanagi is the name of a long and slender tree, and "eda" means branch. Without context, it just means something like "branch of (a/the) kanagi". If you want the literal meaning of each ideogram: Metal, Tree, Branch.

edit: Talking about Kanagi, it's also the name of a city in Northern Japan, in which Osamu Dazai (a Japanese author) was born. You may like some of his books :)

Lira = Reliable Outsource

:thepirate
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by diggerz
Lira = Reliable Outsource

:thepirate

Not really, I'm just a Japanese language major that likes to take a guess every now and then :D

Anyway, I talked to the other teachers here at school, and even though they agreed with me at first, they later thought the author could have meant to write "金木犀" which would is something like "the evergreen shrub of an olive tree". We really need to know what the context is :p
Clovis
quote:
Not really, I'm just a Japanese language major that likes to take a guess every now and then :D

Anyway, I talked to the other teachers here at school, and even though they agreed with me at first, they later thought the author could have meant to write "金木犀" which would is something like "the evergreen shrub of an olive tree". We really need to know what the context is :p

I found it on ffffound so theres pretty much no context :p
SYSTEM-J
quote:

Would have to be a bit ironic, given that the tree is mostly bare.
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis
I found it on ffffound so theres pretty much no context :p

Well, in that case, it could also be a reverse Engrish: Someone tried to say something in Japanese and, in spite of my efforts to make it meaningful, it may turn out to be just a collection of random symbols to set an ethnic feel that happen to make some sense together.
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Would have to be a bit ironic, given that the tree is mostly bare.

True that :p

I didn't actually see the picture then, as I was working at the time and I turn images off in order to browse safely - I just took a quick look at posted right away. But now that I see it...
Boomer187
i totally just got this tatooed on my lower back!
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by Boomer187
i totally just got this tatooed on my lower back!

pics or stfu
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement