return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Xone:92 - Origin/Quality?
View this Thread in Original format
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
Is there any differences between the newer Xone's being made in China and the older ones from the UK? Any different materials for parts or more importantly a difference in sound quality?

From what I've heard the factory in China was made ground up from Allen & Heath themselves, so they're still in charge of parts etc...only difference is labor.

Truth?
djxtension
I don't think a company like A&H can afford to drop the quality of their products. They are famous for their sound- and build quality, so it would be a stupid move for them to lose those aspects...

I can't confirm or deny if there is a any difference though, but i would say it's highly unlikely.
IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
Yeah, makes sense. I was just reading forums and people were talking about sound quality difference. Probably all in their head though. Pulling a bit of prejudice or racism I think...

Wonder if they could make knockoffs :wtf:
cmay119
quote:
Originally posted by IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
Yeah, makes sense. I was just reading forums and people were talking about sound quality difference. Probably all in their head though. Pulling a bit of prejudice or racism I think...

Wonder if they could make knockoffs :wtf:

Although, I haven't used a UK built version (I don't think) of the Xone:92. The one Epdarks & Myself rented, had superb sound quality (in comparison to the DJM-400). The build quality through & through on it was much better as well. The thing was built like a in' tank.

As djxtension said, Allen & Heath have a real reputation they need to uphold. As sound quality & build is what they're known for.

If you can demo one, I'd suggest doing it. Let your hands & ears be the judge. Honestly though, I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes where abouts it was made.

Good luck, and if you purchase one, enjoy it! I sure as hell miss it already.
Ryan0751
Nah I don't think there's a big difference. I had one of the last UK made 92's, couldn't really see any difference from the Chinese sourced version. They have the same manufacturing standards and use the same component sources.
spolitta
quote:
Originally posted by IpLaYWiTLiGhTs
Is there any differences between the newer Xone's being made in China and the older ones from the UK? Any different materials for parts or more importantly a difference in sound quality?

From what I've heard the factory in China was made ground up from Allen & Heath themselves, so they're still in charge of parts etc...only difference is labor.

Truth?

The sound quality would be the same. The quality control might be different between the two factories, but there shouldn't be anything to worry about unless you get a brand new faulty mixer and need to send it back.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement