return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Miracle at St. Anna
View this Thread in Original format
In The Lobby
just saw this at a screening
garbage.
Spike Lee is a great director and i was excited after i heard that he was making a war film. but this is just fail.
Lebezniatnikov
Illuminating.
jupiterone
whenever i watch the preview i think to myself, you know this looks great, the suspense and the mood but it seems as if something is really missing from it. i'll probably see it, and like it but it feels a bit lacking from watching the trailer.

what i do want to see is that new movie with daniel craig coming out, defiance
Silky Johnson
Nice location, douche. You're a BROWN kid, not a black dude.
RJT
Anyone else here just not get into any Spike Lee movies?

:conf:

Other than "25th Hour" I haven't really ever cared for much he's done.
r5a
quote:
Originally posted by RJT

word.

Inside man was the only movie I really liked from him, rest are terrible.
Lebezniatnikov
quote:
Originally posted by RJT

Loved that and "He Got Game." I thought "Malcolm X" was also pretty well done. And the Katrina documentary was very good as well.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Lebezniatnikov
Loved that and "He Got Game." I thought "Malcolm X" was also pretty well done. And the Katrina documentary was very good as well.

Katrina documentary was indeed well done, and I guess I'll count Malcolm X in there as well - though I never really associate it with Lee (odd, I know).

Not really a fan of either "He Got Game" or "Inside Man" - "Inside Man" in particular just bothered me, but more because of Denzel Washington's acting than anything else. He did not play a Southern black man very well IMO.
lücid
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
what i do want to see is that new movie with daniel craig coming out, defiance

yes plz.
diggerz
quote:
Originally posted by RJT

Not really a fan of either "He Got Game" or "Inside Man" - "Inside Man" in particular just bothered me, but more because of Denzel Washington's acting than anything else. He did not play a Southern black man very well IMO.

yeah, i own 25th hour. great movie, great acting, awesome directing and script. the storyline was complex, political, philantropic, etc, etc

nchs09
Movie is out? The previews looked good... i cant believe it sucks :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement