return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

wtf did i do to my firefox?
View this Thread in Original format
PatMcGroin
was wondering if anyone could help me out here...

using the latest version of firefox btw.

problem: none of my logins are saved on firefox anymore... used to be i could come to ta and id be signed in automatically... now i have to sign in everytime. and not just with ta, with every site, gmail, etc. my login data is still saved, but im not automatically logged in like id like to be.

how it happened: apparently i was so drunk the other night that after i passed out i popped outta bed came to the computer and was typing furiously on the keyboard. i checked the history and i didnt visit any websites, nor were there any files accessed during that time, so god only knows what i did. but i was defiantly on the computer because my gf saw and heard me.

so my best guess is that i drunkenly keyboard shortcut some option in firefox. i just dont know wtf it is!

any help is appreciated.
nchs09
maybe you wanked it and deleted all the files?

Or maybe you wanked it and jizzed all over the saved settings.
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
maybe you wanked it and deleted all the files?

Or maybe you wanked it and jizzed all over the saved settings.

with my gf right next to me... na i doubt it. ;)
woscar99
You probably deleted your cookies
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by woscar99
You probably deleted your cookies

but when i sign in again, close the browser, reopen the browser, reload the page, im still not signed in.

i also went through all the options and cant find anything useful.
woscar99
quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
but when i sign in again, close the browser, reopen the browser, reload the page, im still not signed in.

i also went through all the options and cant find anything useful.

Check the "Privacy" tab in "Options". Make sure you have both checkboxes under "Cookies" checked. Also make sue that the "Always Clear Private Data" checkbox is not checked. Then click the button that says "Settings" under "Private Data" and make sure that "Cookies" isn't checked.

If it still doesn't work then your best option is to unistall it and then install it again.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
All u did was clear your cookies. No big deal. You just have to log on to all your websites manually and select remember when it asks u to. I would also check your add-ons and see if you are running any that clears your history automatically such as "stealther". If it's not remembering your login info, then check your settings under cookies to make sure it still saves your info.
MeLLyMeL
Also double check that cookies are enabled in ur TA settings. Happened to me one time.

Dunno how it got disabled
nchs09
Check the ing keyboard for jizz.
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by woscar99
Check the "Privacy" tab in "Options". Make sure you have both checkboxes under "Cookies" checked. Also make sue that the "Always Clear Private Data" checkbox is not checked. Then click the button that says "Settings" under "Private Data" and make sure that "Cookies" isn't checked.

If it still doesn't work then your best option is to unistall it and then install it again.

thats how it is...

quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
All u did was clear your cookies. No big deal. You just have to log on to all your websites manually and select remember when it asks u to. I would also check your add-ons and see if you are running any that clears your history automatically such as "stealther". If it's not remembering your login info, then check your settings under cookies to make sure it still saves your info.

not running any addons either. the login info it remembers but its not automatically keeping me signed in.

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Also double check that cookies are enabled in ur TA settings. Happened to me one time.

Dunno how it got disabled

its remembering me no problem with google chrome so its not that either.

fack! i guess ill try uninstall/reinstall.

MeLLyMeL
I meant under your "profile" and settings on TA..
nix0807
That sux about the password loss!

I upgraded to ff3 and its not that cool...

anywho, had the same password issue before.

check this out: roboform

free tool that allows you to manage all your passwords, doesn't matter if you use fox or explorer ;)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement