return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Led Zeppelin
View this Thread in Original format
gehzumteufel
So according to The Sun (I dunno how credible they are), they are doing a reunion tour next year.

source
jupiterone
i can tell this is going to be
Jabberwocky
Psshhhhhhh. Not falling for that one again.

Shoot who am I kidding I so would. Opportunity of a lifetime there!
lacksesepsotygh
led chapplin
Jabberwocky
quote:
Originally posted by jupiterone
i can tell this is going to be

What gives. I saw Bob Dylan choke on drool and jaw wiring for almost 2 hours. Best thing ever.
delobbo
love em. never seen em before tho. hopefully next year I will!
Ian
won't be good. Heard their london gig recording and with the vocal straining it's just not as good anymore. Obviously for people who haven't seen them it'll be 'good' but compared to a live gig in their prime, not so.
DuBam
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
won't be good. Heard their london gig recording and with the vocal straining it's just not as good anymore.

I hear that. Nobody can keep a voice like that forever, just imagine what Axl Rose is gonna sound like when he's like 70.

The only way to describe it would be like :nervous: :wtf: :(

Edit: But Zeppelin, greatest rock-band of all time, but their time ended when Bonzo kicked the bucket.
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by DuBam
I hear that. Nobody can keep a voice like that forever, just imagine what Axl Rose is gonna sound like when he's like 70.

The only way to describe it would be like :nervous: :wtf: :(

Aye. For people expecting him to reach the high notes, hold them on forever and have the same vocal range they hear on their cds is just unreasonable. I can see why people would wanna see them, definitely, but I'd also urge them to check out the good vocalists of this current era too to hear stuff in it's prime :)
Vlad
There is actually an amazing Zeppelin tribute band that tours all around the world, and the guys play, sound and look exactly like them. Jimmy Page is known for being a little sloppy live and never sounds like he does on the record. But in any case... it still is Plant, Page, Jones and Bonham (John Bonham's son is playing the drums for those that dont know).

I, for one, will definitely try to get tickets to this, because this could be the last time they ever do it again.

As for guys that cant keep their voice... for the most case yea, but check out Ian Guillen from Deep Purple, the guys voice only got better with age.

gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Vlad
I, for one, will definitely try to get tickets to this, because this could be the last time they ever do it again.

This is my exact rationale.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement