return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Religulous
View this Thread in Original format
JasonThomas
Anyone see it?

I thought it was great, Maher has some ing balls
Sushipunk
So, you're saying you like balls?
Taranis
I'm kind of sick of religion bashing tbh. Everybody with any common sense knows it's BS, and those who don't will never have their opinion turned. At this point it's just beating a dead horse for cheap laughs, can't we find a new target for ridicule?
kadomony
i just saw The Fountain last night.

was pretty cool.
JasonThomas
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
So, you're saying you like balls?

:gsmile:
JasonThomas
quote:
Originally posted by Taranis
I'm kind of sick of religion bashing tbh. Everybody with any common sense knows it's BS, and those who don't will never have their opinion turned. At this point it's just beating a dead horse for cheap laughs, can't we find a new target for ridicule?

Well, it's not as common in the US. 70% of us believe in a god.
Taranis
quote:
Originally posted by JasonThomas
Well, it's not as common in the US. 70% of us believe in a god.

And 70% of you believed in god before Dawkins. And 70% of you will believe in god after this movie is done. These things don't change any opinions and just serve to rile up those who do believe, and are wearing very thin as far as entertainment value goes.

Now if somebody made movie/wrote a book that attempted to consolidate religious belief with modern social ideals so as to weaken opposition from the religious to technological and social progression, THAT would be an achievement (bringing religion out of the dark ages, you could say). Or you could just make a run of the mill comedy movie we can all laugh at and call it a day.

The problem with movies like this is they do little more than preach to the converted and rile up anger and intolerance from both sides of the debate. We need less anger and less extremism and less intolerance, not more.
JasonThomas
quote:
And 70% of you believed in god before Dawkins. And 70% of you will believe in god after this movie is done.

Nobody read Dawkins here. But, yeah your probably right.
Sushipunk
quote:
I'm kind of sick of religion bashing tbh. Everybody with any common sense knows it's BS

Lol. Nice work there.
Taranis
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Lol. Nice work there.

I didn't say I disagree with those bashing religion, just that we've heard it all already.

Project-K
quote:

As maher once explained, the point of this movie is not so much to criticise religion, but to try and break up the taboo of atheism in a hyper-religious culture where it's very much marginalised. A fair portion of the US population is atheist and yet, they are underrepresented and rarely ever talked about because christianity dominates every arena. This is like the anti-passion of the christ.
Orbital32
I believe the bible is edited, like leaving this part out:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement