return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Google Chrome Security
View this Thread in Original format
Domesticated
How is it?

I've been using Chrome for weeks and doing internet banking and credit card transactions.

Anyone know if it's relatively secure or not?
JD8180
google never messes up. ever.

in all honesty, I really don't know. I have been doing the same as you, so one can only hope. I have faith in google being ahead of the game, though.
pkcRAISTLIN
youre gonna get raped.
wesleysnipez
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
youre gonna get raped.

Yeah by cookie monster
gehzumteufel
Chrome is the most secure of the current browsers in its security model, but who knows if it is actually the most secure. The way it sandboxes EVERYTHING is insane. There is a really good writeup about it. I will see if I can find it.

edit// here it is! http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/chrome-antics-did-google-reverse-engineer.ars
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by wesleysnipez
Yeah by cookie monster

:haha:
Domesticated
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
Chrome is the most secure of the current browsers in its security model, but who knows if it is actually the most secure. The way it sandboxes EVERYTHING is insane. There is a really good writeup about it. I will see if I can find it.

edit// here it is! http://arstechnica.com/articles/pae...se-engineer.ars

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Read the whole lot.

One MASSIVE error in that article. When discussing reverse engineering, he says that Google's Chrome EULA prohibits that, when we all know Chrome is open source, which he even says at the end.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Domesticated
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. Read the whole lot.

One MASSIVE error in that article. When discussing reverse engineering, he says that Google's Chrome EULA prohibits that, when we all know Chrome is open source, which he even says at the end.

But reverse engineering can still be prohibited even if source is distributed.
Jake Benson
quote:
Originally posted by wesleysnipez
Yeah by cookie monster

omg i love sesame street!
Domesticated
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
But reverse engineering can still be prohibited even if source is distributed.

Reverse engineering basically means just looking at the source code, so the terms seem contradictory to me.

gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Domesticated
Reverse engineering basically means just looking at the source code, so the terms seem contradictory to me.

Reverse engineering in software terms, refers to disassembling the code (running it through a disassembler), reading the output from that, and then reproducing that.

You can't reverse engineer the source as there is nothing to reverse engineer.
Zoso
Not sure if this has been remedied or not, but:

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/15438
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement