return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
Vocal time stretching
View this Thread in Original format
Microlab
I've tried to do a remix but i cant sync the vocal with the track itself. Although i've automatically detected the tempo of the vocal, i cant play them simultaneoulsy. Is it a software (i use FL studio)that makes it a problem for me, i mean with Ableton it is a lot easier, or any general rules that should be taken in mind when syncronyzing? Thanks a lot!
ponsshin
Best option would be to use Ableton to properly warp your acapella or vocals.

Otherwise, I'd try beatmatching it with a steady kick to get an accurate tempo of the acapella.
WirelessEyes
quote:
Originally posted by ponsshin
Best option would be to use Ableton to properly warp your acapella or vocals.

Otherwise, I'd try beatmatching it with a steady kick to get an accurate tempo of the acapella.

Ableton will do a great job, I second that.

If you have access to Logic, there is time correcting features there as well.

Pro tools 8 isn't out yet, but the elastic time will be sweet. It will do real time pitch adjustment too!
cryophonik
A good WAV editor, such as SoundForge or Wavelab, will allow you to easily re-assign the tempo as well.

Audacity is a free WAV editor that will do timestretching (see "Change Tempo" under the Effects menu).
Sonic_c
Third for ableton it does exactly what you want
the-sixth
U should try right clicking on the the TIME value in your audioclip and selecting auto, then selecting a range 75 - 150.

Usually fruity nails it, unless i have been very lucky.

There are acapellas that wont work using this method i found, the acapellas that arent from dance tracks mainly.

However i then would recommend using cool edit pro to timestretch the vox so as not to upset the pitch of the vocal.

kitphillips
quote:
Originally posted by ponsshin
Best option would be to use melodyne to properly warp your acapella or vocals.

Fixed. Ableton's time stretching is beyond bad...
ponsshin
quote:
Originally posted by kitphillips
Fixed. Ableton's time stretching is beyond bad...

Never used Melodyne for that purpose so I can't say but I know it's a bitch to use.
kitphillips
I'd mock it up in ableton where you can see the peaks clearly, then once you have the BPM you want it at, then transfer it to melodyne to take advantage of its time stretching algorithms. Melodyne isn't really hard to use at all actually...
echosystm
I second Melodyne. This is very easy to do with the warp tool in Cubase though... It is somewhat like warping in Ableton, except the peaks move as you do it (rather than just positioning a marker).

ponsshin
quote:
Originally posted by echosystm
I second Melodyne. This is very easy to do with the warp tool in Cubase though... It is somewhat like warping in Ableton, except the peaks move as you do it (rather than just positioning a marker).

Paste your vocal track in arrangement view and warp from there. This way you can see both the markers and the peaks move.
Stef
If i recall correctly, there was a video by BT somewhere on the internet about how he time stretched some from about 96 bpm to 136 bpm without any mess ups, i believe he was remixing Sarah McLaughlin
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement