return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
1 ms latency, possible?
View this Thread in Original format
varun
Last night, I played for around 4 hours on Traktor 3.3 with 1 ms latency on my Numark DJ/IO. It sounded to be crystal clear with no dropouts, if I'm not wrong.

Only towards the end, the audio CPU meter was almost upto 50%, around 43-44%.

Laptop specs are the new White Macook, i.e 2.1 Ghz Core 2 Duo with 1 GB Ram.

Is this some kind of fluke or are my selected audio settings being displayed incorrectly?
Storyteller
A decent pc/mac with a decent audio interface should be able to do this. Easily. My card seems to support up to 0.2 milliseconds hehe. Never tried though.
varun
Yeah, I tried last night.

1 ms with no degradation of sound quality for 4 hours straight.

Ah well, thanks for the info!
Zild
It says 1ms but it is more like 10ms.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
It says 1ms but it is more like 10ms.

I'm still struggling to get mine below 7ms..
Fledz
Afaik, anything under 20ms isn't audible anyway.
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by n3lly
I'm still struggling to get mine below 7ms..

I really don't know what is wrong with your setup. I can run mine at .5ms, but to be on the safe side i backed it off a bit, since I can't notice the latency either way.

Running the base macbook 2.1ghz core 2 duo with 1gb of RAM.
Storyteller
I couldn't get below 5ms even if I wanted to. Firewire chipsets introduce a latency of 5ms for the data transfers. so 5.2 would effectively be my minimum possible latency. I run the soundcard on 5.6ms now. That's 10.6 in total, I'm happy :)
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by Zild
I really don't know what is wrong with your setup. I can run mine at .5ms, but to be on the safe side i backed it off a bit, since I can't notice the latency either way.

Running the base macbook 2.1ghz core 2 duo with 1gb of RAM.

Nor do I. I'm running a macbook pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram Running 10.5.5..

I'm running a little tight on space but that shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Are you using control vinyl/cd's as well?
Key lock?
Effects?

I even gave this machine a fresh install..

Don't get me wrong it still works nicely, i'd just love to know if i'd notice the difference between 11ms and 2/3
varun
For the 4 hours that I mentioned, I was merely mixing, no FX and the key lock was off as well.

Max Thomson
get a quad-core :D
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by n3lly
Nor do I. I'm running a macbook pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram Running 10.5.5..

I'm running a little tight on space but that shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Are you using control vinyl/cd's as well?
Key lock?
Effects?

I even gave this machine a fresh install..

Don't get me wrong it still works nicely, i'd just love to know if i'd notice the difference between 11ms and 2/3

Using control vinyl. Have the phase meter turned on for faster beatmatching. I use some of the FX but mostly only the filters on my mixer, no key lock.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement