return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Torq recording issue
View this Thread in Original format
Seppuku
I recently got a copy of Torq LE with a MIDI controller I bought, and am using it to record sets for the time being until I can upgrade to something like Traktor Scratch.

The problem is when I play back my mixes, there is a occasional skipping/stuttering sound at certain points in the recording. I'm not really sure what is causing this, as I heard nothing of the sort as I was recording.

Any ideas what the problem could be?
miamitranceman
Make sure your buffer settings aren't too low. That can cause skipping.

You might aso post this question to the Torq forum at www.torq-dj.com/forum
Seppuku
I figured it might have somethign to do with that. How would I determine what the right buffer settings would be?
tintin11
It's the soundcard you're recording your sets with. Try updating the firmware on it. I had the exact same issue when I was recording with my 5.1Live soundcard! So I just switched over to a firewire soundcard. This issue has nothing to do with torq or the connectiv.
miamitranceman
It depends basically on what your cpu stats are. I set mine to 256 and don't have any stutters.

Make sure you have at least 2 gigs of RAM too, just to be safe.

Also, check out some of the tweaks threads listed here.

http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewto...ighlight=tweaks

I did the "Windows XP Audio Tweaks" one when I first got Torq and it made a huge difference.

Edit: Yeah, it could be the soundcard too.
tintin11
quote:
Originally posted by miamitranceman
It depends basically on what your cpu stats are. I set mine to 256 and don't have any stutters.

Make sure you have at least 2 gigs of RAM too, just to be safe.

Also, check out some of the tweaks threads listed here.

http://www.torq-dj.com/forum/viewto...ighlight=tweaks

I did the "Windows XP Audio Tweaks" one when I first got Torq and it made a huge difference.

It's not the connectiv he's having the skips and blanks occur at, its after he listens to his recorded sets.
miamitranceman
quote:
Originally posted by tintin11
It's not the connectiv he's having the skips and blanks occur at, its after he listens to his recorded sets.

Good call.
Seppuku
Thanks for the responses. I'm recording on a MacBook Pro with 2G RAM, so my CPU specs should be fine. I'll check into updating the drivers on my Audiofire 4 and see if that was the problem.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement