return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
wedding present......
View this Thread in Original format
narcism
im attending a wedding this weekend, for my neighbour whom i have grown up with and our families are great friends. They have requested everyone give them money as a gift and im stuck as to how much to give :(

Generally, anything under $500 is seen as being a tightass, so i was thinking maybe $1000... what would you guys/girls give?
bas
$500-$1000 :wtf:

Is that a lot in Australia? That seems ridiculous lol
elFreak
you give what you would expect to get back at your wedding.

bas...it really is not that much.
narcism
quote:
Originally posted by bas
$500-$1000 :wtf:

Is that a lot in Australia? That seems ridiculous lol

at the current currency rate
$1000 au = 655.836 USD
bas
It's not really that much but PER person? Gaht damn. I just went to a wedding, I got the couple some cookware lol
narcism
quote:
Originally posted by bas
It's not really that much but PER person? Gaht damn. I just went to a wedding, I got the couple some cookware lol

:stongue: i wish i could get away with something like that
its a big european wedding, which means every bloody dollar will be counted and written down in the little black book ;)

quote:
you give what you would expect to get back at your wedding.

i don't think i will get married :(
Frenchie
Whatever the going rate of a divorce is.
pkcRAISTLIN
are you ing serious? $1000? if someone gave me that as a present i'd slap them round the head and call them an idiot!

buy a massive black dildo and just leave it with the presents, without a card of course (happened at a wedding i went to and was hilarious).

make sure its not a $1000 dildo though. that's just silly.
elFreak
it really depends how close you are to them.if you did get married, what would you think they would give?

lol getting people gifts is so 1974.
bas
They were registered, made sense to me. It was expensive cookware though :p

Frenchie
You always paid to fly down for the wedding, that's different.

I'm telling you, look up the going rate for divorces and write them a nice check.
elFreak
registered is different:)

people who just show up with a gift then drink 25 times its value at the open bar are gay.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement