return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Will there be world peace if everyone gets to have sex?
View this Thread in Original format
Rigon
With whoever we wanted and as many times as we wanted.

Or would we just get god damn tired of ing eachother, and start dreaming of the times where everything was about war again...
Rose
STD's will spread like wildfires.
DJ_Eternal
The world will become over-populated, food will run short, people will eat other people, rather than eat-out other people, just to survive. A very rosy future indeed.

The future's bright, the future's Orange.
nrjizer
They already tried this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Society
DJ Shibby
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Eternal
The world will become over-populated, food will run short, people will eat other people, rather than eat-out other people, just to survive. A very rosy future indeed.

The future's bright, the future's Orange.

The future's green.

Soylent green!
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
Originally posted by Rigon
With whoever we wanted and as many times as we wanted.

Or would we just get god damn tired of ing eachother, and start dreaming of the times where everything was about war again...

I would bank on the latter.

The same passion which incites violence is merely an extension of sexual potential. To say that war, on the whole, is caused by sexual tension between organisms is a bit of an over-simplification, but it's not necessarily untrue. But war is more an extension of society than it is an extension of violence - sort a paradox, I know.

Sex however is a carnal instinct amplified by society, much like violence; but its passion lies in its competition, it's taboo as a public faculty; it is something that everybody wants, but not everybody can have at all times - this dynamic may very well lead people to violence, but it is the very same work that defines the reward, in a sense. Sex would probably be pretty boring if you never had to earn it.

In Huxley's Brave New World, sex was a social component encouraged by authority as a means to in fact dispassion people - a stark dystopian contrast to Orwell's 1984, where sexual contact was thoroughly disapproved by authorities. I thought this was a far more interesting concept, as characters in the book were known to have numerous and multiple partners, over-sexed to the point where it was merely a social function rather than a leisurely pursuit one had to compete with others for - in short, people were bled of their passion and as such, could no longer enjoy the things that we find enhanced by said spirit.

It is the taboo and the relative criminality that defines our virility for perpetuating our discontinual existence - not as often, the act, itself.
boris_the_bear
quote:
Originally posted by nrjizer
They already tried this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oneida_Society

quote:
Even though the community reached a maximum population of about 300, it had a complex bureaucracy of 27 standing committees and 48 administrative sections.

idiots:rolleyes:
ChemEnhanced
World Peace is something we shouldn't even stride for....it would be the destruction of the human race. If anything....we need more one night stands with emotionally unstable women....this could cause global chaos which would lead to massive killings across the world and saving the human race.
elFreak
what good is sex if you can't hate.
Vivid Boy
when i have sex i mark territory so if i ever saw anyone sniffin up the wrong tree baby ill in kill u. so no world peac in the end

Halcyon+On+On
Oh Vivid, where don't you urinate?

*campy chuckle*
Psy-T
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
In Huxley's Brave New World, sex was a social component encouraged by authority as a means to in fact dispassion people - a stark dystopian contrast to Orwell's 1984

same in Yevgeny Zamyatin's We, if i remember correctly.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement