return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Album Reviews / New Releases Discussion

Corrugated Tunnel: 2nd Thoughts [UrbanTorque]
View this Thread in Original format
Urban//Torque

Corrugated Tunnel: '2nd Thoughts'

1. ‘2nd Thoughts’
2. ‘Attic House’
3. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Matt Masters Remix)
4. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Stephen Lopkin Remix)
5. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Stephen Lopkin Dub)

We didn’t need to think twice about releasing this gem of gripping atmospheric electronic music. Cork’s Edwin James aka Corrugated Tunnel demonstrates an astute discernment in striking the balance between the melancholic and the uplifting, creating two tracks that dexterously traverse the ridge between the two. Matt Masters and Urbantorque new boy, Stephen Lopkin, throw in a couple of very different interpretations of ‘2nd Thoughts’ making this a very complete and provocative package.

1. ‘2nd Thoughts’ – With its moody grisly bottom-end set against a tender melancholic strings refrain ‘2nd Thoughts’ simultaneously tugs at the heart and slaps you back into shape.
2. ‘Attic House’ – A fierce, feisty, broody composition that eventually gives birth to rich evocative sax and contemplative strings.
3. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Matt Masters Remix) – Matt Masters exploits the emotive string sections to full effect in a mellow aching remix that waxes and wanes seamlessly.
4. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Stephen Lopkin Remix) – Stephen Lopkin turns out a brilliantly inventive techno annihilation with a bizarre but effectual melange of sounds.
5. ‘2nd Thoughts’ (Stephen Lopkin Dub) – A dub that ping pongs, echoes, distorts and fizzes stupendously.

‘2nd Thoughts’ is the first release on Urbantorque from Corrugated Tunnel aka Edwin James and follows on from the September 2008 release of his album ‘I Am Corrugated’ (Invisible Agent – seedyR).
Matt Masters is a London-based DJ/producer with previous releases on Urbantorque and Andy Cato’s (Groove Armada) Pack Up And Dance label as well as remixes for Freerange Records.
Stephen Lopkin’s debut EP, ‘Frantic EP’, is forthcoming on Urbantorque in February.

Reactions:

Laurent Garnier: “great remixes .......will play both remix for sure"
Ian Pooley - “Attic House is simple but very effective , will play it for sure !!”
Behrouz - “great package, like both attic house and 2nd thoughts , like both the original and the Stephen Lopkin dub. thanks”
Paolo Mojo - “attic house is preferable for me”
Andy Leary (Relation) - “Stephen Lopkin's mixes are ace. Can't wait for his EP.”
Raymundo Rodriguez - “Real atmospheric emotional sounds, i'm loving Matt's lush version, and Stephen's more driving mix, I will definitely be playing these”

OUT NOW ON: Beatport
*direct link to release: https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html...76/2nd_thoughts

Info:

Corrugated Tunnel Myspace

Urbantorque Recordings
Urbantorque Recordings Myspace
Urbantorque Recordings Facebook
woscar
Urbantorque delivers once again

Huge release! Loving every track, the whole release is going to the crate and checked out when I get home.

Edit: Just got the whole release and "Attic House" is ing awesome. That sax is pure sex.
woscar
This needs a serious bump. I simply cannot get over how ing stellar the Matt Masters remix of '2nd Thoughts' is. I used it on my latest mix. It appears to have gone under the radar here. I recommend you get the in!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement