return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
BPM Conference @ Playa Del Carmen - reviews ?
View this Thread in Original format
oldskool94
Anybody go, or get feedback from somebody that went ? (good deal?, accomodations?, parties/vibe?)

I did a search on TA (and other forums), could not find anything.

I'm interested for next year...

Thx for any info...
djmalek
I was at Playa Del Carmen from Jan 2nd to Jan 9th. Here is a brief review.
1) Hotel: First we reserved at Porto Real located on 5th Av. After a quick visit we were not satisfied and we have been offered to upgrade to Gran Porto Real which is directly on the beach. Yes it is a bit more expensive, but much much more fun. We were about 3 min. walk from Kool Beach (this is where everybody was partying during th day). Also consider the Royal located just beside.

2) Kool Beach (Day Party): Very very nice place located on the beach . We were there everyday. The best dj's I've seen there were Ceasar Romero & Franco Fabi. Little tip: Nobody checks what you bring in at Kool beach, so everyday we were filling up 3 or 4 bottles of water full of vodka at our hotel (all inclusive) and then headed to Kool Beach.

3) Night Parties: If you plan attend to 5 or more parties, buy the VIP bracelet (200$ USD). My best parties were Lee Burridge @ Coco Maya, Sander K @ Blue Parrot and the Cave party with Doman, Pettigrew & Adam K. These three venues are amazing.

Overall it was an amazing week with great people. There is a lot of people from Toronto & Montreal and many people of the industry which is very helpful for a DJ.
Went to Cancun last year and Playa Del Carmen during BPM Conference is wayyyyyy better!
oldskool94
Concise review Malek - thx again! I will try to get my gang to go next year. The dj's that spin are amongst our fav, plus that time of year is normally the coldest and great to leave right after the Xmas rush. Would be funny if you checked out Burridge there, then at Igloofest - (which you probably did) - that is one brutal contrast weatherwise!
Big Boss
I went this year and had a lot of fun. A lot of people from Toronto, New York and Montreal representing.

Kool Beach is where the day parties are and they were great. I only made it to one night party and that was Victor Calderone and he tore it up.

I would definately go back next year. This year's turnout was better than last years, so the festival is going to keep growing.
DJ_LIFT
I will try to be there next year. Sounds like a great week.
Kendo
quote:
Originally posted by djmalek
I was at Playa Del Carmen from Jan 2nd to Jan 9th. Here is a brief review.
1) Hotel: First we reserved at Porto Real located on 5th Av. After a quick visit we were not satisfied and we have been offered to upgrade to Gran Porto Real which is directly on the beach. Yes it is a bit more expensive, but much much more fun. We were about 3 min. walk from Kool Beach (this is where everybody was partying during th day). Also consider the Royal located just beside.

2) Kool Beach (Day Party): Very very nice place located on the beach . We were there everyday. The best dj's I've seen there were Ceasar Romero & Franco Fabi. Little tip: Nobody checks what you bring in at Kool beach, so everyday we were filling up 3 or 4 bottles of water full of vodka at our hotel (all inclusive) and then headed to Kool Beach.

3) Night Parties: If you plan attend to 5 or more parties, buy the VIP bracelet (200$ USD). My best parties were Lee Burridge @ Coco Maya, Sander K @ Blue Parrot and the Cave party with Doman, Pettigrew & Adam K. These three venues are amazing.

Overall it was an amazing week with great people. There is a lot of people from Toronto & Montreal and many people of the industry which is very helpful for a DJ.
Went to Cancun last year and Playa Del Carmen during BPM Conference is wayyyyyy better!

How much did the week cost?
BlendedProd.
5 star resort 7 days (grand porto real) 1950$ can

vip bracelet 200$ can

cash spent in clubs restaurant and activities 1000$ can
Kendo
Thanks Marc. The $1950 that's per person including airfare?
BlendedProd.
all include air faire, 5 free restaurant to choose from, bus back and forth from airport to resort, alchool on the resort
simonbmtl
quote:
Originally posted by BlendedProd.
5 star resort 7 days (grand porto real) 1950$ can

vip bracelet 200$ can

cash spent in clubs restaurant and activities 1000$ can

I lived in Playa for three months on that in 2006.

oldskool94
One thing noticeably absent from this thread so far.

efFreak claiming that :

1) only n00bs and posers go to BPM conference. It's soooo 2007.

2) the dj's are all commercial and suck (and he is much better than any of them).

3) DEMF is much cheaper, the Corona there is kept cooler and the sun shines brighter in Detroit due the to earth's axis during DEMF, rendering it the centre of the universe.
Vermz
dont miss dj malek this friday at circus with glenn morrisson and arnej !
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement