return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Mutek 2009 - tips for out of towners ?
View this Thread in Original format
HALO555
Hello,

My wife and I plan to attend Mutek 2009. It will be our first time in Montreal, but we have been to Toronto a few times. We are flying from New Orleans to Detroit for DEMF 2009. My plan is to depart Detroit for Montreal on Tuesday May 26. We plan to take the Via Rail Canada Train from Windsor to Montreal via Toronto which booking in advance is about $130 CAD each which seems reasonable in price. I think it would be nice to be able to relax/sleep on the train.

On the way back to New orleans I'd like to get to the nearest city that Southwest Airlines flys since I have a couple of free flight with them. Any suggestions or ideas on how to do this ? Albany NY is a few hours by car and so is Manchester, New Hampshire.
Our return back to New Orleans should be on May 31 or Maybe June 1st. Not sure what happens at Mutek on the the last day (sunday)

Also, if looking for hotel, where area or landmark would we want to be nearby ? Any good hotel suggestions ? I suppose a rental car is not needed.

Any other tips/suggestions will be appreciated.
Passskal
quote:
Originally posted by HALO555
Not sure what happens at Mutek on the the last day (sunday)

Also, if looking for hotel, where area or landmark would we want to be nearby ? Any good hotel suggestions ? I suppose a rental car is not needed.

Any other tips/suggestions will be appreciated.

Sunday during the day, is the best Mutek party at Piknic Electronik, an outdoor venue (2pm - 9:30pm). One year we had Villalobos & Ritchie playing together at that event...check out the videos on youtube. I would highly suggest you to attend this event.

Most Mutek events are held around the St-Catherine st. and St-Laurent corner.

No need to rent a car. If you book a hotel in the St-Catherine/St-Laurent area, you'll be able to walk to the events, or take a $5-$10 cab or a subway for $2.75.
HALO555
ok, good advice. So travel back to New Orleans Monday.
princesultan
quote:
Originally posted by Passskal
Sunday during the day, is the best Mutek party at Piknic Electronik, an outdoor venue (2pm - 9:30pm). One year we had Villalobos & Ritchie playing together at that event...check out the videos on youtube. I would highly suggest you to attend this event.

Most Mutek events are held around the St-Catherine st. and St-Laurent corner.

No need to rent a car. If you book a hotel in the St-Catherine/St-Laurent area, you'll be able to walk to the events, or take a $5-$10 cab or a subway for $2.75.

can anyone id this track?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CWHFVhXt5e4
John_H2O
Talking about Mutek...anything out for la nuit électronic...Montréal en lumière?? Is this will happen this year too?
Passskal
I don't think there is a Nuit Électronik this year....not enough people last year for Villalobos and Dandy Jack + Metropolis is expensive. That sucks but I'm sure there will be other fun partys to go to in March.
Bertuzz
The closest American airports are Plattsburg, NY (1 hr) and Burlington, VT (1.5 hrs).
But you might have to fly on a regional flight to Boston or New York first before flying down to New Orleans...and I don't know if Southwest flies out of those smaller airports. Something to consider though!
ostrich
quote:
Originally posted by John_H2O
Talking about Mutek...anything out for la nuit électronic...Montréal en lumière?? Is this will happen this year too?

Nuit Electronik isn't happening this year but we've got something brewing
of the same caliber on March 6th... Details to be announced shortly. :p
mattymtl
when i went to new orleans this summer i flew out of burlington vermont. pretty sure it was with u.s. airways and not southwest tho...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement