return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Debate
View this Thread in Original format
Orbax
Is zero a number. Ill say yes. You can add it and subtract it (2+0=2 and 2-0=2). Although it holds no value, i think that it is a concept just like "1" and if such a conception can be symbolized in terms of number (NOT 1-infinity) it takes its place in the ranks of numberhood.

debate
SportTrance
I think its time you leave washington.....:toocool:
Orbax
did anyone else understand that lol
Damo
zero is the lack of a number... 2 plus nothing still leaves you with 2 and vice versa.. saying you don't have a yeast infection doesn't make the lack of a yeast infection a tangible thing....it's just not there...
Orbax
quote:
saying you don't have a yeast infection doesn't make the ...

ewww girl logic.

but if I was making a chart of diseases and I had Y=yeast infection, H=huge ass, and P=purple hair, I would have to put form to the idea of "none of the above" thus symbolizing it with an N. N at that point becomes an object
davinox
zero is a number.

2-2=0

it's not 2-2=a lack of something.
Slylee
Orbax
sly, you do that again, and im gonna send someone to eat you. And you wont be happy.

wookieslut
wow cool guy
Orbax
sigh. We got a little sidetracked. Question: Is 0 a number

Damo
quote:
Originally posted by davinox
zero is a number.

2-2=0

it's not 2-2=a lack of something.

if you have two and you take away 2 then you no longer have two; you no longer have anything...

if you have a mushroom cut and then you chop it off, you no longer have a mushroom cut... it doesn't exist....
davinox
quote:
Originally posted by Damo

if you have two and you take away 2 then you no longer have two; you no longer have anything...

if you have a mushroom cut and then you chop it off, you no longer have a mushroom cut... it doesn't exist....

you can say the same thing about negative numbers, and they obviously are numbers.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement