return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
what are my rights?
View this Thread in Original format
j_spot
I took a picture its located here(sorry, I cant show it on this board for some reason, so click the link and open in new window so you can compare
http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/...XyZXf2lJwW*WMQY!c3ba2lTQAAAAAAAAAA/DSCF0593.JPG

then a promoter goes and uses my pic w/out asking me. All he did was photoshop it abit, and now its this

What are my rights regarding this matter?
and im canadian..so all american law is garbage
DuMonde TrAnCeR
quote:
Originally posted by j_spot so all american law is garbage

it is anyway isnt it?
Cafster
quit your bitchin...all you did was take the picture. not like its something you created or copywrote. there are millions of pics they could have used.

if i were you id be bragging that they used mine instead of whining about something as trivial as this.
PatMcGroin
i would just approach them with a copy of the picture and the negative and be like "where at my royalties?" demand they pay you some , chances are they just might...they might not want the "media" attention if you go to court, and they may not want the stress either

i would just bitch their ears off....good luck
attacc
quote:
Originally posted by Cafster
quit your bitchin...all you did was take the picture. not like its something you created or copywrote. there are millions of pics they could have used.

if i were you id be bragging that they used mine instead of whining about something as trivial as this.

Yes, but he did not ask for J-Spot's comission. It is J-Spot who took the picture, he's the one who own the copyright. Taking pictures is art, therefor it is creating. J-Spot, you could sue the promoter if you can prove that the promoter lifted the picture from you.

whining? He ain't whining. You is the one who is whining. I'd be pissed if someone stole from me too, because that is what the promoter has done.

Cafster, quit being ingorant
:mad:
Orbax
there IS something called intellectual property. Dont know if Canada uses though
Orbax
actually intellectual property requires no copyright. And if they are using it for promotion or gain its illegal and it doesnt matter if they claim ownership for it or not.
Cafster
hmmm...learn something new everyday i guess

just did some research j_spot, this'll help

http://strategis.gc.ca/sc_mrksv/cipo/welcome/welcom-e.html
for some reason it wont make the link so just copy and paste.

and they do consider photos artwork, though i personally dont. but that is just an opinion. like i said before...id be flatered that my picture was used, but whatever. that link will help you out.
SportTrance
quote:
Originally posted by DuMonde TrAnCeR

it is anyway isnt it?

Oh yeah, because the British have plenty of room to talk about corrupted law. You might want to read your history books.
attacc
sorry, if I seemed a bit harsh. I would be flatered too if someone wanted to use something I had made, but if I found out they had used it without my permission or even without aksing me I would be upset.

Of coz we are all in title of our own opinion, but law is law :p

Cheers!

Cafster
quote:
Originally posted by attacc
sorry, if I seemed a bit harsh.

eh...dont worry about it. i kinda came off like an ass
j_spot
ok..I failed to mentions these bits as I was nearly late for work. I take pics for the promoter..but @ that certain show, cameras were not allowed. yet I managed to sneak mine in.

Im not looking for money or anything, cuz well..suing the promoter would me over, ROAR would be put into use, and I cant go to events anymore..

The bit that pisses me off is the credit.(bottom right) It goes to Daniel @ visuel.org.... visuel.org is the guy who runs the webpage and now is doing the flyers, I guess...

This will be more for FUTURE hopes..shouldnt it give me photo credit? Really all that Daniel did was mirror the pic, and give it a bit of colour. so it pisses me off that I dont get any credit. like a photo taken by Jason Boland !art by Daniel @ visuel.org

That would be enuf to satisfy me. I think ill talk to the promoter tonight @ Steve Lawler:lights out tour
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement