return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: [1] 2 
Chicago debut of GUY J @ Vision April 4th, 2009
View this Thread in Original format
cervy
:whip: :D ;) :eek: :disbelief :gsmile: :toocool: :crazy: :tongue3

After setting the scene alight with numerous killer singles, Israeli producer Guy J releases his hotly anticipated full-length artist album with label heavyweights, BEDROCK Records.

Guy J has emerged over the course of the last two years to represent an intrinsic part of the Israeli dance music juggernaut that has been steadily powering through clubland in recent times. Along with fellow countrymen Guy Gerber, Shlomi Aber, Chaim and Gel Abril, Guy has been at the forefront of a movement back towards the melody-rich sounds on which house music is based.

Guy's productions, with their driving beats, shimmering synths and journey-like qualities, embody characteristics from all manner of house music. Guy states "I didnt set out to write an album - I just wrote tracks when I was in different moods, hence each track having different types of genres, different influences." He adds, "This is the album I wanted to make... it has a warm sound... it's very sexy and really tells a story."

On this, his debut artist album, Guy fully exploits the opportunity to explore the length and breadth of his cerative capacity. Alongside the dancefloor-oriented cuts on which he has built his reputation, Guy straddles moods of ambient, techno, and electronica whilst constantly maintaining a melodic and highly emotive core. Anyone who appreciated the majesty of Nathan Fake's "Drowning in a Sea of Love" will instantly feel at home with "Esperanza", as would fans of the Kompakt or Border Community sound where the focus is first and foremost on musicality.

Hernan Cattaneo, Sasha and Tiga are among Guy's many supporters, thanks to his consistently releasing sterling tracks.In support of the album, the three singles "Under Pressure", "Geko" and "Mirko" are all being released through Bedrock Records in the coming weeks and months.

What is, without question, is that Guy has managed to produce an album that is brimming with soul, a feat which an artist can toil for an entire lifetime hoping to achieve.

GUY J [guyj-music.com]
Wahi [curbed recordings] [wahimusic.com]
Gerrit Lewis

Vision
632 N. Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60610

Advance tickets on sale at www.wantickets.com/vision
Event info & guestlist at www.visionnightclub.com
nick stoynoff
YES!!!! Love this guy...Can't wait. Will definitely be front and center for this one.
17thfloorplumbe
haha love the picture hahahaha
Quadlow
that pic is sick. would be down for this.
neatski
Hellz yeah.

Fellow Israeli, too :P
cervy
if anyone would like a reduced admission list good all night, hit me up via PM with your name + number of guests :)

gonna be a good one!
cervy
Guy J - last night at Mansion - WOW :)
rock_roll18
quote:
Originally posted by cervy
Guy J - last night at Mansion - WOW :)

A couple of friends from the nl recommended I go check it out ..
Im liking his new album as well :).. might just make it out
tolgar
Guy J = Demetri Martin?

Damn, just realized the show is this weekend.:)
cervy
For those that are interested:

Guy J Promo Mix (click, or right click save as)

:) :)

17thfloorplumbe
Guy J in Miami last week opening for Digweed/Sasha WMC = Crazy :crazy: Bananas
dubblies
quote:
Originally posted by 17thfloorplumbe
Guy J in Miami last week opening for Digweed/Sasha WMC = Crazy :crazy: Bananas

Somebody has to find those sets asap!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement