return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Midi will not work in External Output Mode (Traktor PRO)
View this Thread in Original format
zeKsg
I just want to start with the fact that I was a complete and total 0 yesterday night when I bought my first mixer... I have pretty much got the basics down and almost done with my setup, except for this problem.

I am trying to use my 4channel midi mixer DDM4000(4 channel + 1 mic channel MIDI mixer) channel 2/3 as an external mixer and the rest of the mixer as midi controller, but midi only seems to work when you switch the output to internal. I have an external soundcard NIO 2|4, it has 4 outputs and a midi in/out.

Basically I have my Output from the mixer going to the speakers, then I got 2 pairs of RCA cables going to channel 2 and 3 in the mixer and output 1/2 and 3/4 in the soundcard.

When I use external output mode in Traktor Pro, I can use my channels to EQ and so on. BTW mixer gains knobs aren't midi assignable.... pretty smart IMO. Crossfading works and I can monitor nicely, but there are no default pitch on the mixer, so I need to use midi to assign something, well if I want to use midi I have to switch to internal mode in which I can't monitor in, because when I hit the binds for PFL A or B it PFLS A only. I have downloaded midi maps and they say I can use my interface to monitor.

I have spent countless hours trying to find the solution to this on different forums but no luck for now. Maybe one of you guys can help me out.

EDIT: Also if I use my internal function and use my NIO 2 4 to monitor and the "PFL Traktor Internal buttons" I can prelisten but the audio leaks into the master channel, not a lot but enough to hear.

Thanks in advance.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement