return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Indiana TAs
View this Thread in Original format
neatski
So is there an Indianapolis events listing anywhere, or are there not really enough events to make it worthwhile?
DjRow
lol
neatski
quote:
Originally posted by DjRow
lol

Yes, clearly the overwhelming response to this post answers my question.
Dj Spiel
quote:
Originally posted by DjRow
lol

Don't mind him.. I think you kinda answered your own question tho hun.

"or are there not really enough events to make it worthwhile?"
DjRow
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Spiel
Don't mind him..

hmmmm
Trey
yea, Indiana has not caught up yet... :(
MissNick
There are two ways to know about Indy events....
1. bluelight
2. email me

Unfortunately, there is no "set" EDM space here in Indy. Typically, there are "one off" events. Paul Van Dyk is playing on a weeknight coming in June, for example, at Talbott St.
Colette has a residency at a martini bar with crappy sound on the Northside of town.
45 degrees has occassional electronic acts, but the sound there is HORRIBLE and someone lives above it, limiting the hours.
Therapy was going to be the spot.. but the scene couldn't support it and some people don't like the space.
There is a very good long-running weekly drum n bass night at the Melody Inn at 38th and Illinois.
Other than that... your best bet is a house party. Unfortunately, I have to admit that some of the best "club" nights that I have had in Indy have been in my basement.... others would agree and actually Billy Delassandro's "Noah Ark" thing up in Chicago was inspired by our basement parties.
I have been to Chicago two of the past four weekends..... this is fairly typical.
neatski
quote:
Originally posted by MissNick
There are two ways to know about Indy events....
1. bluelight
2. email me

I was thinking that a thread on here wouldn't hurt, but considering most of us seem to go to Chicago for events anyway, it might not be worth the time. Ah well. At least I've got the hook up if I feel like staying in-state for a weekend :).
s1lver_N1ps
ya def not in indy. 1-2x a year someone will come to Talbott St. so did Therapy close MissNick?
MissNick
It is still open.... just not promoted. The road is torn up in front of it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement