return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
Hdj 2000
View this Thread in Original format
Sukhoi29SU
Wondering if anyone has purchased these yet. Looking for a reliable review before I invest the money in them.

Thanks in advance
Ted Promo
Sony MDR 7506.
Sukhoi29SU
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
Sony MDR 7506.

yes, yes... thank you, I know all about the Sony MDR 7506. I actually have the 7509s, and like them a lot. Just really think the HDJ-2000's look nice- wondering about sound quality.
n3lly
quote:
Originally posted by Sukhoi29SU
yes, yes... thank you, I know all about the Sony MDR 7506. I actually have the 7509s, and like them a lot. Just really think the HDJ-2000's look nice- wondering about sound quality.

I've read that they seem to have fixed the dodgy bindings that the old cans (1000's) used to suffer from but with the price tag that they come with there's no way I'd get them. 200+ is just ridiculous compared to the price of some of the other cans out there (not to mention the 7506's)

(I've got the 25's and XD53's.)

If you have the cash to splash, go for them I hear they sound fine. But personally they're just way too much for what you get.
Ted Promo
quote:
yes, yes... thank you, I know all about the Sony MDR 7506. I actually have the 7509s, and like them a lot.

Then I see no need to change :o
plaxx
pioneer is making a killing off these.
TranceOwnsLol
They're awesome, though I don't have them.

Prefer them much to the XD 53. For sound quality, they have more defined highs and crisper mids than the HD 25. Look sleeker and are just as comfortable. Only reason I got the HD 25 mk2 in the end was because they're lightweight and I can wear them for days, they're cheaper and I want to pretend I'm Villalobos or Luciano mixing in my bedroom. :p

If I were to buy another set of headphones, it would be these.

EDIT: I'm not some Pioneer whore either. I have a Xone 92.
Sukhoi29SU
Appreciate the replies, thanks.
n3lly
quote:
Appreciate the replies, thanks.

What are you thinking? You going to go for them?
Invasionmix
They look really nice, a lot lighter than the HDJ 1000. My neck would get sore after 6-7 hours of mixing with the HDJ-1000s. Sound quality is really clear although not as much bass as the 1000s. The detachable cable makes it a lot easier to pack up.

Look: 10/10
Weight: 10/10
Sound: 8.5/10
Price: 5/10

Sukhoi29SU
quote:
Originally posted by n3lly
What are you thinking? You going to go for them?

Yeah, I just bought them on Ebay. $259 was the cheapest I found them (djdeals.com). Expensive, but I've got such a huge investment in my music/setup that I usually don't hesitate about spending $ to improve upon it.

I'll let you know what I think when I get them!
archaudio
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Promo
Sony MDR 7506.

+1

As much as i love Pioneer and and the design of most their products, Those are way to MUCH!!!! Ridiculous My next set of headphones is Sony unless I happen to rob a bank sometime soon. Don't get my wrong though, those headphones have some sick features and i wouldn't mind having them.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement