return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Divorce By Text Message
View this Thread in Original format
Esiotrat
RIYADH (Reuters) - A Saudi man has divorced his wife by text message, a newspaper said Thursday.

ADVERTISEMENT

The man was in Iraq when he sent the SMS informing her she was no longer his spouse. He followed up with a telephone call to two of his relatives, the daily Arab News reported.

A court in the Red Sea city of Jeddah finalized the split -- the first known divorce in Saudi Arabia by text message -- after summoning the two relatives to check they had received word of the husband's intention, the paper said.

Saudi Arabia practices a strict form of Islamic Sharia law, and clerics preside over Sharia courts as judges. Under the law a man can divorce his wife by saying "I divorce you" three times.

The Saudi man was in Iraq to participate in "what he described as 'jihad'," according to the Arab News. Many Saudis have gone to fight with al Qaeda militants against the Iraqi government and U.S. forces.

Discuss.
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Enigmatik
Under the law a man can divorce his wife by saying "I divorce you" three times.

If he says it in front of a mirror in the dark with a candle lit, a lawyer will appear?
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
If he says it in front of a mirror in the dark with a candle lit, a lawyer will appear?

Of course not silly, only Mary will appear...wait, or is it Allah?
david.michael
quote:

lol. How ridiculous.
CGRumler
quote:

"Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!

Oh.....hello, Batman!"
msz
does it have to be 3 times at once, or can he hold it off and progressively scare the out of her?
nefardec
quote:
The Saudi man was in Iraq to participate in "what he described as 'jihad',"

so that's what they call unrestrained, barbaric sexual frenzy these days

he's in it for the virgins
bas
quote:
Originally posted by msz
does it have to be 3 times at once, or can he hold it off and progressively scare the out of her?

Like Drop Dead Fred? lol

This is the goodbye pill!
kamil
LOL, religion is at it again.

Its so hard to believe people still practice such stupid ideologies...i mean, men, women dont have a right to anything.
d-miurge
Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls, Biggie Smalls

DJ Damerchi
way to keep a low profile lol
Rose
Fail.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement