return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Recommend a movie for me, c0r
View this Thread in Original format
Banora
My assignment for psychology class is to watch a movie dealing with a mental disorder, then review and talk about the said disorder. Fairly simple stuff.

The list of movies we have are fairly stupid and/or cliche when it comes to disorders. So, anyone have any good recommendations?

(SWF does not apply :o )
wotyzoid
Hide & Seek
Fight Club
Silence Of The Lambs
Sybil
trunks1022
maybe "a beautiful mind"?
nchs09
forrest gump? I mean, the guy was kinda retarded.

In all honesty though, i would pick I am Sam.
LeopoldStotch
movies above and also ...

Rain Man
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
SuspicionVandit
I think you should do it on K-Pax. There is something that is very wrong in the mental health community and that is the assumption that relatively "radical" ideas puts an individual at the risk of being labeled a threat to peace, forcing his/her extradition into a hospital. I entrust you, Banora, to help us out of this cage. People don't believe I am one of the spawn species of the Earth human race, originally a test subject from the first mutations out of Venus prior to the greenhouse apocalypse. My blood is a genetic and medical holy grail, containing the exact diagrams for fending off disease and immortalicizing life. They don't believe me, just as they don't believe Kevin Spacey in K-Pax, just as they don't believe Galileo, or Aristotle.
Scoops
Berlin Calling

Primal Fear
stren
Identity
wotyzoid
quote:
Originally posted by LeopoldStotch
Rain Man

+1
enydo
Taxi Driver

woscar
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
In all honesty though, i would pick I am Sam.

Yes, this was exactly what I was going to recommend.

Fight Club and American Psycho would be top-notch choices too along with The Shining

On Primal Fear, he wasn't really mentally ill. He just conned the out of everyone ;)
Sunsnail
lord of the rings, gollum
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement