return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Opera to be demolished?!
View this Thread in Original format
malek
Can someone confirm this?

It seems that our fine city of Montreal wants to clean up this corner of the city by demolishing the whole block... including:

quote:

- Café Cléopatre (culture alternative : SPASM, Cabarets Bio-dégradables, Kinos, Total Crap, etc.)
- Les Katacombes (le seul bar/salle de spectacle all ages du centre-ville? musiques hardcore, punk, metal, etc.)
- Club Opera (musique House, plus grande discothèque de Montréal?)
- Les Saints (nouvelle salle de spectacle très très achalandée)

I know many of you don't like the place because there's no mnml, it's still our biggest club and hosts regulary edm events.
jester
holy crap thats crazy if its true.
Ravemontreal
That corner is a dump, thank god they cleaned that awful dirty sex building on the South-East corner.

With the new Quartier des Spectacles, the new club soda and SAT, that place can finally become a very nice part of Montreal and a real step forward for culture of Montreal. Way more important than a club or a strip joint.

So be it.
FunKenLouis
Source ? Date ? something ?
malek
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
That corner is a dump, thank god they cleaned that awful dirty sex building on the South-East corner.

With the new Quartier des Spectacles, the new club soda and SAT, that place can finally become a very nice part of Montreal and a real step forward for culture of Montreal. Way more important than a club or a strip joint.

So be it.

Those places will give their places to "la rue du commerce équitable"... which will turn what remains of the red light to an asepticized borefest.

I'm always for refreshing decrepit neighbourhoods, but this is more than just old brick vs new cement. Its going against the essence of that neighbourhood and removing a sector of this city's nightlife.

Louis: all over the news:

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualite...e-red-light.php

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualite...-ma-vie-ici.php
djmalek
Yeah, I saw these articles in La Presse saturday Edition. However it is not clear if they will start demolish the buildings starting from Café Cleopatre or from the corner

I would be really surprised that they order Opera's demolition since the club is also a part of the Quartier des Spectacles.
malek
I keep reading that everything from Ste-Catherine to le Monument national will be demolished.
djlemeir
i think ill be sadder over the demolition of cleoptra than opera
malek
La frite dorée, Montréal Pool Room is going away too... actually they are already closed now :(
zeKsg
Oh no, the BIG DISCO BALL @ Opera... NO!!!! :tongue3

X-Cube
That's a big news! Wow!
Vermz
I read the news last weekend but I've never seen something about Opera and Les Saints tho...

I would be surprised they demolish Les Saints and Opera because Les Saints is a salle de spectacle and Opera, well they are the biggest nightclub of Montreal and they host a couple of corporate events there and there.

Maybe the city is tired of the over capicity nights tho ;)

Kinda sucks because I love Opera (and the chebizes) the sundays! But for the rest, raze this crap!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement