return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Same sorta needle question as below but..
View this Thread in Original format
Jah
ok i was wondering... got these pair of stantons with my decks cause i bought them second hand they came with new ortofons right ( ortofons) and anyway i put the ortofons on straight away and never used the stantons because the the stanton needles are WAY worn down. Now i want to replace my ortofons and i was thinking a pair of Stanton 500alIIs (is that right :)?) and i thought since i still have my old worn down cartridge + stylus from before, do i have to buy the whole new stanton cartridges AND stylus' again or do i just ask for 2 stylus' and attach them to my old cartridges?, because it doesnt seem like the cartridges would get worn and need replacing? that would make more sense for me as the stylus' alone are about 40 each but its about 75 each with the cartridge + stylus, so thats about 50 bucks i save. I guess my question is then do i need new cartridges or will they be fine for my new stanton needles!, and do cartridges ever have to be replaced do they wear out?

for clarification i call the stylus the needle and the bit that plugs into it, the catridge? is that right? and the bit the cartridge goes onto (in the tonearm) the headshell, correct?
cheers
skywarp
Why would you want to replace your Ortofons with an AL500 ?!

But anyway ... yes you can buy just the tips for AL500 ... just make sure you're buying the tips for the correct cart (ie. a 680 tip won't fit on the 500 and vice versa).
Jah
ah there ortofons man there like hifi carts not the concordes...
but just the tip is fine then? cool cheers
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement