return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

I'm sorry to do this, question about needles
View this Thread in Original format
Bear4569
So the time has come and I have to buy new needles, I was borrowing a set from a friend and he moved back home, so now I'm out needles. Imagine, you technics sitting there saying "play me" and you have no needles to play with, and not alot of money to buy new ones, wouldn't that suck? Well I can tell ya first hand what it feels like:sadgreen: So anyway, I tried searchin around TA for info on needles and what not and didn't find much, so I'm wonderin if somebody or everybody would give me like a range of needles startin with inexpensive but good, to not too expensive but good, if that makes sense :p Basically I'm lookin for inexpensive but good needles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace :p
mantisnl
Stanton 500 AL MK II.. allmost every new TT is equipped with those..
DJ Chrono
I advise against getting the 500's... I have them, and I have the Stanton Diskmasters.. and the 500's lack sound quality and tracking.

The bass and strings and stuff from the 500's sound alittle "buzzy" when their not supposed to. and they dont hold the groove that well.

personally, the next needles Im getting are the Stanton Trackmaster RS's. these beauties are perfect.. a little pricey, but worth the money.

if u want a little cheaper, but still very good, i recommend the diskmasters.
Dj Thy
You could go for Shure needles. Most of their needles are pretty cheap and still good.
I'm thinking about the M35x or even the M44-G (more for scratching but still very good).

In my opinion you can't get better than Ortofon (but that's a personal choice, I only like the 680HP from Stanton). Even their cheapest kicks most of their concurrence a$$.
If you can't afford the P-mount (integrated headshell) types, you could still go for the OM versions. The pro is a great starter needle.
MERiDiAN5i2
Shure M44G's... you can get a SET of M44G carts for about $100 on the net, they sound quite good and track very nicely!

-mer
DJ_Shockwav
Shure m447
DJ TranceFormer
get the cheapest ortofons and then buy a good styli (nightclubbing for exmple). This is the best thing about ortofon, that all of the difference is in the stylus, the cartridges are the same...
Bear4569
Thank you so much guys, you guys have always been a great help with any question I have to ask. I always feel bad postin something that has already been asked, and I always do a search for it but I can never find the information that I'm looking for. So thank you guys again.

Take it easy :p

Bear
trancearmada
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Thy
concurrence a$$.

I think you mean to say "Competition's ASS":D
Dj Thy
Aaim sorry, inglisch isnt maai main langwidge. So I'm prone to make some translation mistakes :D

trancearmada
no problem, the only reason I understood what you were trying to say was because "competition" in Russian is also called "Concurencia"! :stongue:
Bear4569
so I went to my local pro aduio shop and checked out some needles and I think I'm goin to go with the ortofon Concorde DJ E Set Cartridge with Extra Stylus. What do you guys think, will I be happy with them or should I go with something else ? and this may sound like a stupid question but, they will work on my technics mk3d's right ?
Anyway let me know what you guys think :gsmile:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement