return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Drinking chocolate (and other amazing foods thread)
View this Thread in Original format
Slylee
i dont know what to name this thread so whatever but i just wanted to start a topic about "drinking chocolate". i saw it on food network last night and was angry that i've never come across this deliciousness.

warm, thick chocolate drinks. like drinking warm pudding.

the show featured "The Naked Chocolate Cafe" that serves warm drinking chocolate????:conf:

WHAT THE MOM/DAD/WORLD? WHY DIDN'T I CROSS PATHS WITH THIS EARLIER:mad:

what amazing thing have you eaten that you won't find everywhere except that town you live in or had it in?

i guess i'll go with Arepas in miami. they are at all the local festivals and carnivals and stuff. warm corn cake (like a pancake shape but made with sweet cornmeal) with melted cheese in the middle. OMFG. i love those.
Akridrot
You didn't know that you could drink chocolate? Next you're going to tell me that you didn't know you could eat flavored water/juice? :D
Slylee
of course i know you "can" drink chocolate. i've just never come across a place that serves it. all warm in a tea cup with whipped cream on the top. wtf!
Rose
Hot chocolate..?
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by Rose
Hot chocolate..?

no. hot chocolate is made from cocoa powder and drinking chocolate is made with real melted chocolate and hot milk wisked together. it gets much thicker than hot chocolate.
MrJiveBoJingles
I lost my sweet tooth years ago and the thought of drinking melted chocolate revolts me. Blech.
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by MrJiveBoJingles
I lost my sweet tooth years ago and the thought of drinking melted chocolate revolts me. Blech.

i don't have a sweet tooth either. i only like dark chocolate and if you think about it, it would make sense for someone who doesn't like sweets to prefer dark chocolate. it's much saltier, stronger than it is sugary and light and sweet like milk chocolate.

the thought of drinking warm pudding-like dark chocolate in a teacup makes me drool.

i have my little handful of sweets i appreciate but they are mostly the not so sweet type of things. like plain cheesecake.

after i eat sweets i need to either snack on something salty or "normal food" again, or drink red wine. i need the more bitter taste to linger on my tongue...not the sugar.
Zoso
Dark chocolate is so in' full of win. :crazy: Not sure if I could drink it, though. Hmmm. Food for thought?
Rose
White chocolate is better :p
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by Rose
White chocolate is better :p

For some reason, white chocolate always hurts my stomach when I eat it. :(

But, yeah, white power and all that . :p

Capitalizt
This place I go to every thanksgiving has one of those chocolate fondue fountains with pouring milk chocolate for you to dip little skewers of strawberries/pineapple/angel food cake under. I usually dip a few pieces of cake then hold the entire damn plate under the chocolate waterfall for a few seconds and eat it with a spoon..mwaahahaha
Rose
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
For some reason, white chocolate always hurts my stomach when I eat it. :(

But, yeah, white power and all that . :p

Really? I like white and milk chocolate best. I was never a fan of dark chocolate.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement