return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Computer Question
View this Thread in Original format
daphunky1
I own a Dell Core 2 Duo Laptop. The screen at first quit turning on when it was fully open and now I hafta keep the laptop almost closed to get the screen to turn on if it turns on at all. I took it to a computer shop and they told me that Dell only sells full replacement screens, so with parts and labor that would be almost 300 dollars. I only bought it a year ago for 600. The lady at the shop said that it's very likely all I need is a new back light converter which is much cheaper, but that Dell does not sell those seperately. I'm really not too technical with computers. Does anyone have a better idea of exactly what I'm looking for? Thanks.
woscar
Sounds like a loose contact to me.
ziptnf
I had a buddy with a similar problem, it sounds like one of the wires that hooks up the laptop screen is loose or broken. Try to open up the casing that surrounds your laptop screen and see if you can tape it up or something.
daphunky1
Yikes, I wouldn't know what I'm doing, but maybe I'll try.
Theresa
Usually you get a 1 year warranty. Do you have it? If so, send it back and get then to fix it.
Adam420
Should have bought that extended warranty....
woscar
quote:
Originally posted by daphunky1
Yikes, I wouldn't know what I'm doing, but maybe I'll try.

Everyone has a friend who's a computer geek, lol. :p
gehzumteufel
This is strictly a loose or broken wire. Your backlight inverter obviously still works because you can can get it to come on in a specific position. Disassemble the laptop and check all the connections.

Dell provides disassembly manuals on their site. Download it and print it.
ziptnf
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
This is strictly a loose or broken wire. Your backlight inverter obviously still works because you can can get it to come on in a specific position. Disassemble the laptop and check all the connections.

Dell provides disassembly manuals on their site. Download it and print it.

This.
Joss Weatherby
This happened to my alienware laptop near the end of its life...

I could have disassembled it and fixed the wire, but it was more fun just to slam the top closed so hard that it jostled back into place.

I hated that laptop so much.

pkcRAISTLIN
do you think you could heal his PC ********? just give it a shot.
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by ********
If he gives me a donation then I can see what I can do.

The donation required would be between $50 and $400

lols, at least youre acting like a real religion!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement