return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Hate RIAA? Wait until you read this. . .
View this Thread in Original format
Matrix
Read the article here
I dont know about you, but I really hate RIAA now. . .
Will they ever give up???
Munken
Now that's ed up :whip:

RIAA won't be satisfied before everybody who owns a computer was a RIAA employed monitoring the computer 24/7.
PhaseFour
quote:
tried to glue this hacking-authorization amendment onto a mammoth anti-terrorism bill that Congress approved last week.

anti-terrorism? i really dont see how 190 of my MP3s can kill anyone....

trust me, theres no way that the congress will approve of this...think about it. first of all, breaking into your comp is considered to be cybercrime anyway. its like them breaking into your home and taking ur burnt CDs (which none of your have anyway ;)).

second, in order to support his/her political future, theres no way in hell your senator will allow this. not even a super duper pro business politican like mr bush will allow this to happen

what angers me about the riaa is that they are overcharging. yeah, artists OF COURSE shold get money. but then....most of those famous artists drive ferraris and stuff, so i dont see why they need more money...

my two cents

phasefour
Matrix
quote:
trust me, theres no way that the congress will approve of this

you are completely wrong.

RIAA is trying to do something that takes advantage of the american political system. have you ever heard of a rider? Its what they call an attachment to a bill. Thats what these b4$t42d$ are trying to do. They put this little ornament on this bill, and when they vote, its either the whole bill (and everything attached to it) or nothing at all. And congress is DEFINITELY going to pass this anti-terrorism bill. . .no doubt about that. . .at least RIAA gave up on something that extreme, but what next?
torontotrance
The 5 big cd companies are laughing now.......WAIT A FEW MONTHS tho then it is USDEPT OF JUSTICE VS. BIG 5 CD COMPANIES IN COURT. Seems they get all mad at us for file sharing but then again, they look the other way and price fix cd's (which is illegal). See ppl who hate file sharing.....eg. metallica (1984...they got in trouble for redoing songs of artists without permission).....they only richer when they took on napster. Dr. Dre....stole george lucas's trademark THX and used it in his album without permission....he is getting sued. Seems to me...ppl get mad (like the RIAA) but then they will be caught for doing something illegal. Seems like the recording companies say to us....don't file share then they commit a crime doing something wrong too......who is right and who is wrong. ANyways...even if it got passed....i'm canadian....it's a different country with different laws.
shark
Residents of the United States may not be able to take action if thier computer are f***** by these viruses they want to introduce, but, as far as I know, the rest of us do not live under American law.

Then again, sometimes you wonder.:haha:
ampburner
quote:
Originally posted by shark
as far as I know, the rest of us do not live under American law.

Well...no we don't. but do you think that's going to stop them.
Blue.
Don't live in the US but if they did that I'd leave MP3's called THE RIAA and stuff hehehe. Why not just rename ur mp3s? Might be hard but change

Riva - Stringer to like Rva - Strngr
Dmatrox
haha, i really doubt that the government will approve this. There would be lawsuits against the RIAA for breaching personal privacy. Renaming your mp3s would be a good idea if it ever happened though.
jploveparade
what a bunch of losers!

btw I have been under attack by hackers, wankers, cyberidiots etc etc for 2 years now, but our home network is still secure...

whatever action taken, no government or company can shut down the internet!

webmeister
OK guys, a few things:

Firstly, this article is NINE months old (the date at the top reads Oct. 15, 2001).

And secondly, this won't happen. How can they tell the difference between "illegally" downloaded mp3s and backups of CDs that you have bought? Simply, they can't. The idea behind this was to shut down pirate FTPs and stuff, not break into and spy on everybody's personal collections.

Make no mistake, I f**king hate those (*^%#s in the RIAA for everything they have done to impede the progess of technology and online rights, but in this case I think Wired News was just going for a catchy headline. Sorta unlike them really, Wired is generally one of the best websites on the net (excepting TA and google of course :D)
TiestoInTheMix
i say go the ahead, RIAA. i may not be that extremely safe with firewalls and proxies and a removable usb hdd with mp3s, but what the are you gonna do about all of my mp3 cds, eh, fookers? in digital world, where to copy something takes neither raw materials nor lots of time, there's no way piracy will be cut off.

and if they do actually do something like that, i see how there is a possibility for numerous hackers to unite together in a digital rebellion against RIAA.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement