return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 
hard house
View this Thread in Original format
mikefasssy
ok, so i spin mainly hard house. ive been listening to a bunch of hh sets,and i notice that the transistions aren't smooth like trance mixing. is slamming the fader and doing quick bass changes the norm for spinning hard house??? its frickin hard to make it a smooth transisition, like house or trance, but just wondering if you gots any tips.
chhers, caleb
Scorchio
Thats why they call it
Stupid House
Hehe, just kidding, check out some Lisa Lashes sets or Tony De Vit's, try to pick it up from them.
HyPeRSoNiC
quote:
Originally posted by Scorchio
Thats why they call it
Stupid House

lol!!!! :haha:
I've never heard this music before...... can anyone post up some tracks for download? I'd like to know why ppl don't like it....
Lars Northrop
HOOVER ABUSE !

hehe.

Contender for worst genre in existence, right up there with Spanish Hardcore.
Scorchio
I Beg to differ
Japanease hardcore is worse :)
Dj Flesch
Different genres of music usually will have very different mixing techniques. Just look at the difference between a trance club dj and a radio dj for rock/pop music. He doesn't "mix" he "cuts" the tracks. There is no transition on the radio the only job he has is to keep the music going. Don't get me wrong, knowing where to cut the tracks takes quite a bit of skill too, believe it or not. The styles can be very different from trance to hard house too. Hard house usually has a lot of break beats if I remember correctly, and so you can't beatmatch and transition. It involves a lot of cuts back and forth because there is not continuous 4/4 beat flow like there is in trance. My suggestion isn't to listen to other dj's HH sets, it to actually watch them live in action. This way you can see how intense the mixing skill some of these djs have, really are!
DJ_Shockwav
i mix mainly hard house as well, and it can be a pretty harsh mix, or it can be seamless
it all depends on the record and if you've got it phased or not
mikefasssy
aight guys, thanks for the help.

and HyPeRSoNiC, check out any lisa lashes, nancy auborne, lisa pin-up tracks, there all pummping hard house.
HyPeRSoNiC
quote:
Originally posted by mikefasssy
aight guys, thanks for the help.

and HyPeRSoNiC, check out any lisa lashes, nancy auborne, lisa pin-up tracks, there all pummping hard house.

okay thanx!!! :):happy2:
MERiDiAN5i2
definitly listen to some HH DJ's... it's a fairly unique genre... HH tends to lend itself well to cut mixing, very quick transitions... it's hard to really mix it smoothly like trance...

then again why try? hardhouse is floor stomping stuff... and it gets the floor moving if you can quickly cut and piece together tracks and phrases.

dunno why so many people hate on hardhouse... it's fast, hard, and seems to be MUCH less mainstream than say trance or slowhouse... which make it quite appealing to me.

sometime in the near future i'll post a hardhouse set to download here... so you can see how badly i suck :P

-mer

mikefasssy
i agree with everything you said mer, and once i get a cable so i can record to my comp, i'll also post a set.
MERiDiAN5i2
right on... i'll have my domain up shortly so I can actually have a place to post stuff :D

hardhouse / nunrg is badass... i dont care what anyone says :P but i do love hardtrace too... fast stompin trance is phat and mixes really well into a HH set... so does nu nrg kinda stuff

down with slow boringass beats!!!!! I'm too ADHD for that club n dolphin sheit :P

-mer
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement