return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Meteor shower tonight
View this Thread in Original format
Rose
quote:

The Perseid meteor shower happens every August. The 2009 version has been visible for about a week. The most spectacular views are expected Tuesday night and early Wednesday morning.

The meteor shower is made up of tiny remnants of the comet Swift-Tuttle, that move around the sun in an orbit. It arrives each year in August, and the 2009 event is no different. The Perseid meteor shower is named thusly because it appears to radiate from the constellation Perseus.

The Perseid meteor shower almost never disappoints, but in August 2009, the shower will be on the lower end of the range in terms numbers. This year's peak hourly rate is expected to be on the low end of the range, likely around 50; maximum is usually 150.

For a really good view, you need to get away from city lights. Look out in a northeast direction with the moon at your back.

http://www.huliq.com/3257/84794/best-views-perseid-meteor-shower-august-2009-tonight

Hmmmm, I wanna see this but I'd have to go to the beach. Anyone gonna watch it?

They say it's suppose to start at 12am EST and should end at around 5am.
owien
do you need a telescope if so then i'm screwed
Nrg2Nfinit
low on power.. Meteor shower!!!!!!!
nchs09
I live near Atlanta.... so its too ing bright :/
Paradox Lost
Would love to catch this, though there's a fairly deep marine layer that's going to be spreading at least 45 miles inland this evening during optimal viewing times (and I'm closer to the coast).

Still, I'll give me head the periodic tilt back throughout the night.
denys envy
:mad: overcast at the moment
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
:mad: overcast at the moment
Oh ya, its also raining here.. forgot to mention that :/
denys envy
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
Oh ya, its also raining here.. forgot to mention that :/

yeah. i just bought a telescope too. the soviet upbringing welled back up in me lately.
Rose
Man I'm not going to be able to see either. And everyone is at the beach already :mad: fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu.
iclone
raining here. :wtf:

kadomony
i'd have to .... go... outside to see this?

no thx.
LeopoldStotch
clear skies here, and i'm not near heavy lighting. hopefully i am able to see it. :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement