return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion

Desperation - DJ Blitzkrieg
View this Thread in Original format
DJ Blitzkrieg

This is my newest track titled "Desperation." It is a progressive trance track with loads of energy that not only builds in percussion, but also in melody. The breakdown leads the track into a new direction with trance and progressive house stabs.

:eyes: Listen: http://www.vicsmix.com/singles.htm
Suli Salerno
HAHA ableton@!@!@!
Suli Salerno
plus i had to hit the bump
Nemesis44
I gave this a listen.

The first breakdown shows promise but sadly imho the track doesn't live up to the expectation that was set. The track sounds oddly positive, because of the chord progression you used with the stabby synth, sounds more like it would accompany a tv programme for steam enthusiasts or something (minus the backing track obviously). It's too chirpy basically and doesn't quite capture the feeling of desparation.

The percussion is too standard and could do with 100% more drive and creativity. Having listened to some of your other tracks I would say that its not your strongest point, but it can be learned.

I also feel that your basslines should be livened and filthed up as they have a very standard feel to them.

Your strong point is your breaks as they for the most part sound like they have masses of potential.

Your tracks are very simplistic and in todays edm world they are just not driving or rich enough.

Watch your levels too as there is a certain element of clipping in some of your tracks.

Always worth a listen though and keep at it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement