return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Setting up 2 soundcards..
View this Thread in Original format
Mills
How is this done?
Im using Soundblaster 64 or something and ive just put an old Soundblaster 16 (i think) into the machine. the computer doesnt even recognise its there. :conf:
Orbax
#1 why do u need two
El~ZaPo
Mine recognizes both automatically, I'm using a Philips Acoustic Edge 5.1 and an onboard 2 channel card. Perhaps you are having difficulties because they are both Creative cards.

Try asking your question at these forums:
www.3dss.com

It's a website about PC sound, they'll help you out.
Matrix
you might want to make sure that the drivers are properly installed and that they are both using different irq ports
Tranzmit
I'm guesing that the SB16 is an old isa card and in which case it may not be automatically detected and you'll have to manually install the card and configure it's IRQ's and memory addresses. Man now i recall why i love PCI cards lol
lMIlk
yea i gotta know, why do you need 2?
Tranzmit
quote:
Originally posted by lMIlk
yea i gotta know, why do you need 2?

Possibly because he wants to use his pc to do some djing and wants to have two sound outputs and can use one for a monitor and the other as the mix output
Mills
quote:
Originally posted by Tranzmit

Possibly because he wants to use his pc to do some djing and wants to have two sound outputs and can use one for a monitor and the other as the mix output

yeah something like that. ive got an old one so wanted to check it out.

right ill try all those suggestions thanks. gonna have another look in a minute.
Mills
quote:
Originally posted by Tranzmit
I'm guesing that the SB16 is an old isa card and in which case it may not be automatically detected and you'll have to manually install the card and configure it's IRQ's and memory addresses. Man now i recall why i love PCI cards lol

hmm wont windows recognise ISA cards?
you need to run the Add New Hardware wizard in control panel, and it will detect it for you.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement