return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Dave Smith Tetra Desktop Synthesizer Module
View this Thread in Original format
atxbigballer1
Dave SmithTetra Desktop Synthesizer Module
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com...tetra/index.php

Saw it at the music store today!
Specifications

* Multitimbral four-voice analog synthesizer
* 100% analog signal path
* Two oscillators per voice (sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, square with variable pulse width) with hard sync
* White noise generator
* One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) per voice, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
* Analog VCAs
* Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay) per voice
* Four LFOs per voice
* Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down) per voice
* Feedback loop per voice with programmable level and gain
* Four assignable performance controls per program
* Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
* Arpeggiator
* Fully programmable (free downloadable software editor for Mac OS and Windows)
* 512 programs organized into four banks of 128; 128 combos
* I/O: USB 2.0 (type B receptacle), MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, Poly Chain Out, Audio Outs 1/Left, 2/Right, 3, and 4 (1/4" unbalanced), 1/4" Headphone Out
* 7.9” L x 5” W x 2.7” H (20.07 cm x 12.7 cm x 6.86 cm)
* 1.8 lb. (0.81 kg)
cryophonik
Did you just see it, or did you get a chance to use/hear it?
atxbigballer1
quote:
Originally posted by cryophonik
Did you just see it, or did you get a chance to use/hear it?

I was playing with a elektron machinedrum and saw the Tetra. I did not want to bug the guys any more to play with the Tetra!
DJDIRTY
Played with it last wednesday. Pretty cool little box. I like it for the low end this thing produces. 4 voice poly is also alright. With a decent fx plugins or a box this is a killer unit. I've heard it connected to logic and used logic's plugins on it. And the price also not bad.. If you don't wanna spend a lot of money on analog this box is great. Programing is a little harder since you only have so much on the front panel, but the good news: comes with free editor. I haven't checked that out yet.. maybe next time I am in the store...
cryophonik
quote:
Originally posted by DJDIRTY
Programing is a little harder since you only have so much on the front panel, but the good news: comes with free editor. I haven't checked that out yet.. maybe next time I am in the store...

I haven't seen Tetra yet, but I have a P08, Mono Evolver Keyboard, and Poly Evolver Rack, and recently sold my Mopho. I have/had the SoundTower editor for all of them, and they're all pretty similar and pretty good. As you said, it's particularly useful for the Mopho and PER since they obviously don't have very many front panel controls. I'm sure the Tetra's editor is almost identical to the Mopho's (why would they reinvent the wheel for what is essentially the same internal synth, but with more voices, right?).
orTofønChiLd
can you change the lfo with the paramaters
alanzo
I have a space reserved in my studio for one. :D

Just waiting for used ones to start popping up on the bay... shouldn't take more than 6 months.
Energy_3
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
I have a space reserved in my studio for one. :D

Just waiting for used ones to start popping up on the bay... shouldn't take more than 6 months.

:gsmile: of course you would alanzo. I can imagine".

I think the little red "push it" button is what does it for me!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement