return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Maoam
View this Thread in Original format
narcism
To: Letters page, Daily Mail.

The other day, while doing our weekly shop, I bought for my two children Benjamin and Ofelia, a packet of Haribo Maoam lemon-and-lime confectionery. It was only after I was leaving the checkout that I noticed the appalling illustration on the packaging. This consists of a lemon and lime locked in what appears to be a carnal encounter. the lime, who I assume to be the gentleman in this coupling, has a particularly lurid and distasteful expression on his face.

I demanded to see the shop manager and during a heated exchange my wife became quite distressed and had to sit down in the car park.

I was told to register my complaint with the manufacturer. I'm glad I spotted this before my young children, who are both very sensitive.

My wife and I have always tried to maintain their innocence - and to think our years of careful parenting could have been wrecked by, of all things, a sweet wrapper makes me livid.

I received a reply from the company saying that the wrapper design had been introduced in Germany in 2002 with a view to making the fruit figures 'more modern and lively' to 'better appeal to the consumer.' It said 'at no point was it intended to create sexual images.' It had been shown to a number of children and adults of different age groups, none of whom has made any comments referring to sexual content.

I consider this response to be less than satisfactory. As a member of our local church, I'm now urging other members of our flock to boycott Haribo products until this illustration is removed.

SIMON SIMPKINS
Pontefract, West Yorkshire.

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:
pkcRAISTLIN
:stongue:

i hate people.
astroboy
I thought the lime was the one copping it.
narcism
He's already popped his leaf. That's totally the money shot.
Ian
Only someone from Yorkshire could find it that offensive. They have such self-importance issues.
Moongoose

I welcome the end of the world at 2012, so that the stupidity of what is now known the human race can be removed from the universe forever.
Sushipunk
Maybe they should have purchased 'lighthouse' confectionary for their children?

Lilith
:stongue:
KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Only someone from Yorkshire could find it that offensive. They have such self-importance issues.

+1
Abercrombie
Our big lottery in Canada looks like a little dick.

Teezdalien
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

this picture always reminds me of sunsnail.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement