return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 
Whatever happen to raves in Montreal..
View this Thread in Original format
anastasia
Last year there were really raves - meaning not at Aria or Sona or not by a big company. But in a church, go cart racing track or even inside a rec centre below a church.
I remember seeing Madam Zu and Chris Liberator at great parties. Now everyone is coming to Aria or Sona and its just a bar not real rave.
I miss the good old days you could see one good headliner, a few from Montreal or Toronto - like the trance rave last year with DJ's from Toronto and it was in a go cart racing track.

Whatever happen to raves in Montreal? R they allow to happen anymore? I remember seeing Madame Zu in a church and also seeing happy hardcore. I go to the web pages that list the raves but nothing is ever happening.

Can anyone tell me some good Motreal raves and answer me why they don't use venues like the church anymore or other venues.

thanks
meow
DJHappy
Since last summer, the cops are trying to kill the scene very slowly, first by being in big raves everywhere undercover or searching in a excessive way. At the beginning of the year a new law was born to stop raves in churches then a couple of weeks after it was the turn of Laval city to come with a new law: raves in ballroom , arena after 3 am are illegal. With these new laws a lot of undercover promoters weren’t able to survive.
Even in after and commercial raves the vibe isn't the same as a couple of years ago :(

PLUR!

It's coming...
moose1111
We are basically following the stages of raves, and becoming more and more like the European rave scene..

More afters and clubs.. more star DJs in afters and clubs.. And there only a couple of big raves a year (514 and Ray Junior Raves, besides the one-shot events: BeB and BnB)... regular people (not necessarly music lovers) going to raves/afters cause its the IN thing to do.. Not as many crazy things happening in raves.. Less and less massages, glowsticks, etc.

It is normal.. we are going through a phase.. I wouldn't be surprised to see the old early 90s illegal underground rave scene start and flourish again.. it might have started already.. who knows?

We'll see what'll happen..
sylphin
quote:
Originally posted by anastasia
Last year there were really raves - meaning not at Aria or Sona or not by a big company. But in a church, go cart racing track or even inside a rec centre below a church.
I remember seeing Madam Zu and Chris Liberator at great parties. Now everyone is coming to Aria or Sona and its just a bar not real rave.
I miss the good old days you could see one good headliner, a few from Montreal or Toronto - like the trance rave last year with DJ's from Toronto and it was in a go cart racing track.

Whatever happen to raves in Montreal? R they allow to happen anymore? I remember seeing Madame Zu in a church and also seeing happy hardcore. I go to the web pages that list the raves but nothing is ever happening.

Can anyone tell me some good Motreal raves and answer me why they don't use venues like the church anymore or other venues.

thanks
meow

true,

indeed churches were the absolute best.. seeing the minister the next morning (and people looking to go to church) asking what the si going on..

in all I only did 2 raves in churches, and honnestly, its pretty stupid, I'm NOT religious or anything (or anywhere near it), but still its very childish..

ever been to a rave where the DJ was in front where the minister, usually speaks?.. that's psyched.. and its happened.. in Montreal
DJHappy
GOD IS A DJ
discojoe
quote:
Originally posted by sylphin

who the cares... remember at one point the scene was about respect and tolerance. + its DIGWEED!

it is a show that SHOULDNT be missed

respect and tolerance applies as much to religious people as it does to homosexuals dont you think?

just a thought...
iwantpow
Most raves now are held in after hours, basically the only place there aloud to be , and there in laval or south shore. The last "underground" rave I went to was a few weeks ago, and it was in this really seedy after hours, level in laval, the people who worked there killed the vibe for me. So hopefully people will start promoting illegal raves once again, I heard of a few but the person only wanted to do 3 and he did that. Id reccomend going to a outdoor rave like Natura this summer, but apart from that?

Anastasia, i was at that rave to in the go cart track!I think it was called Substance! Good party! best times of my life have been dancing in churches so hopefully something gets started again!
delstar
its beyond me how people get ed at parties inside churches??!?!?

that must be a bad trip
Czaoth
i don't get how a church would even allow it?
fastmp3
where's the respect for religious people ?

DJHappy
FYI the guy behind the raves in churchs is a priest...

This is my Church This is where I heal my hurts For tonight God Is A DJ - FAITHLESS

fastmp3
le pére paul de saint oakenfold :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement