return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 
Piracy is wrong.
View this Thread in Original format
iTranscendence
Watch the whole vid before posting.

pkcRAISTLIN
iTranscendence, when you picture yourself in society, are you always playing the role of the victim?
iTranscendence
When you picture yourself in society, is it always as the psuedo-intellectual psychiatrist raining your inane psychobabble upon the world like a toxic virus of stupidity? Do you pack your nose with coke and revel in the oedipus complex? Do you sleep at night with Freud under your pillow?

The people who see themselves as victims are the sad, pathetic, ass babies shat out by the nanny state. Begging for their hand to mouth give away and to lick the boots of their master.
Halcyon+On+On
Aren't you glad you asked?
Akridrot
*Snickers*
boris_the_bear
P.S. I still haven't figured out the point of the anti-copyright movement so I don't have a firm and definitive opinion on this matter. Yes, piracy is theft of intellectual property, BUT... I need more research on this. Or at least not be lazy and read the Wiki articles.
goodtime
The piracy issue is a tricky one since if most artists were not attention seeking, then they would not have a problem with theft would they. When you put your prized cherry falvoured sundae out in the field for the animals, then what would you expect to happen? The lesson here is, if you want to hold on to your thoughts, keep them private.
bigjimslade002
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by bigjimslade002

+1
floyd741
quote:
Originally posted by goodtime
The piracy issue is a tricky one since if most artists were not attention seeking, then they would not have a problem with theft would they. When you put your prized cherry falvoured sundae out in the field for the animals, then what would you expect to happen? The lesson here is, if you want to hold on to your thoughts, keep them private.

So... you're saying no one should make music anymore?

astroboy
I agree record/production companies are run by egotistical cokeheads extremely inefficiently and generally bleed money out their ass, then recoup it by taking a bigger cut of the profits than justified.

Also I would guess that most people that are into independent music/films would buy the originals. The more downloaded stuff would be the popular stuff produced by people that earn a lot more money than they deserve anyway.. Really does anyone give a that Britney Spears gets a couple of million less?
gehzumteufel
http://www.demonbaby.com/blog/2007/...k-birth-of.html
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement