return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Sports Discussion

Chelsea F.C. banned till 2011
View this Thread in Original format
vaG-
Banned from actively participating in the transfer window until 2011 that is. Personally I believe it is extremely harsh, although I don't really know the entire story.

link: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19...5535793,00.html
raveed
Add to this the fact that their top players are past or close to 30 and that Drogba, Essien, Kalou and Mikel will be gone for 2 months in Feb - March for the African Nations cup and its a bigger problem for Chelsea than it looks.

They have appealed the decision so lets see how it works out. My guess is that the bans for both Chelsea and Eduardo for Arsenal will probably be overturned since Fifa and UEFA were probably just hanging these 2 out to dry temporarily to send out a message to the football world that breaching the rules and cheating will no longer be tolerated.
jonze
quote:
Originally posted by raveed
Add to this the fact that their top players are past or close to 30 and that Drogba, Essien, Kalou and Mikel will be gone for 2 months in Feb - March for the African Nations cup and its a bigger problem for Chelsea than it looks.

They have appealed the decision so lets see how it works out. My guess is that the bans for both Chelsea and Eduardo for Arsenal will probably be overturned since Fifa and UEFA were probably just hanging these 2 out to dry temporarily to send out a message to the football world that breaching the rules and cheating will no longer be tolerated.

there's something so ironic about a man u fan preaching about cheating
jonze
quote:
Originally posted by jonze

right on time

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=673349&sec=england&cc=5739
denys envy
they'll fight this and it will probably get overturned. money talks.
raveed
quote:

I wasnt preaching about cheating , rather i was shedding light on Chelsea's predicament and my subsequent thoughts on how the appeals will pan out.

And as far as Le Havre making those claims against us, United have dared them to try taking their case to court and proving that the Pogba Parents were bribed by United to coax Pogba to joining us.
OurManFlint
It's almost like a bit of karma, like asking for 17 million Euros from Mutu.
jonze
quote:
Originally posted by raveed
I wasnt preaching about cheating , rather i was shedding light on Chelsea's predicament and my subsequent thoughts on how the appeals will pan out.

And as far as Le Havre making those claims against us, United have dared them to try taking their case to court and proving that the Pogba Parents were bribed by United to coax Pogba to joining us.

how about this one?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...england&cc=5739
raveed
quote:
how about this one?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...england&cc=5739

Lets see how it turns out. In any case, there is a debate going on about how the fault lies in the local FA rules in France, Italy etc that prevents clubs from offering under 18 players professional contracts as opposed to England where players can be offered contracts at 16.

The onus is on Fifa to mandate a set of rules that apply to the leagues of all countries that are members of Fifa. The punishment handed out to Chelsea is flawed and i find it hard to believe it will given that Fifa never had this transfer ban punishment in place and this was just a knee jerk reaction on their part to scare big clubs into refraining from poaching younger players from smaller clubs in the future.
psymon.d
Whatever club is doing it, poaching of children (essentially) is going too far, and treating it as a meat market. Glad FIFA is actually showing some muscle here (as long as it's not just a witch hunt and they treat every similar case in a similar fashion)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE

Privacy Statement